JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Let's see what's on your grill!

Today's beer can chicken for me.
My chicken rub:
Onion and garlic powder, black pepper, white pepper, seasoning salt, kosher salt, allspice, oregano, cumin, chilli powder, paprika, and a bit of ginger. All to taste.

Half a can of pbr up it's bubblegum and indirect heat until done. Occasionally throw some hickory chips on the coals. Serve with corn bread, baked beans and cucumber salad.
IMG_20190611_175423651_HDR.jpg

Last Edited:
Looks great!
Of ALL the grilling, BBQ, smoking etc. I do I have YET to try a beer butt chicken!
Your rub combo sounds great and do you peel the skin and season between the meat & skin or just on the exterior?

Looks great!
Of ALL the grilling, BBQ, smoking etc. I do I have YET to try a beer butt chicken!
Your rub combo sounds great and do you peel the skin and season between the meat & skin or just on the exterior?

Thanks. I season it skin on (outside of skin) and in the cavity. If I'm feeling extra fancy I'll do a brine or salted garlic butter injection.

Ima have to try both of those!

I did a kick-arse tri-tip In the pellet smoker/grill last Saturday..... wife said it was the best one I've ever done to date.

Salt, pepper, garlic... slow cooked at 250*F until med-med/well.... was juicy and tender as HELL!

I'm going to do a brisket this Friday, and another one on Sunday when the family comes over to mooch a Fathers's Day meal off me.... LOL!

Ima have to try both of those!

I did a kick-arse tri-tip In the pellet smoker/grill last Saturday..... wife said it was the best one I've ever done to date.

Salt, pepper, garlic... slow cooked at 250*F until med-med/well.... was juicy and tender as HELL!

I'm going to do a brisket this Friday, and another one on Sunday when the family comes over to mooch a Fathers's Day meal off me.... LOL!

I do a similar recipe with pork loin. It's amazingly tender and not dry at all. Rub of your choice. Cook until internal temp of 145 and let it sit for a good 10m or all the juice will run out.

Let's see what's on your grill!

Today's beer can chicken for me.
My chicken rub:
Onion and garlic powder, black pepper, white pepper, seasoning salt, kosher salt, allspice, oregano, cumin, chilli powder, paprika, and a bit of ginger. All to taste.

Half a can of pbr up it's bubblegum and indirect heat until done. Occasionally throw some hickory chips on the coals. Serve with corn bread, baked beans and cucumber salad.
View attachment 589407

539086-c81961781b7806a0fdf9f0c123928576.jpg

How'd you train you chicken to sit up on the grill like that? :D

No, really, I don't see a base? It looks like it should fall over.

Dang, missed this thread earlier or I would have snapped a photo of the brisket I did today. 11hrs on the camp chef. It's currently sitting in a cooler wrapped in its butcher paper for an hour and a half rest then it's time to dig in....I suppose I could take a photo of it when I take it out of there but on the grill would have been better.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top