JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pork chops and a grilled salad.

IMG_20210702_173535821_HDR.jpg

NY strips tonight... the ones that never made it to the barby last night (after three damned stiff mint juleps)... :oops:

ETA: Made it to the grill! Whew, that was close!
Three Campari and sodas, two margaritas, and a glass of Cab later, I have dinner...
NYstrip_7-04-21(1).JPG

NYstrip_7-04-21(2).JPG

The neighborhood fireworks have started, so I'm out for the evening.
Happy Independence Day, all of you Patriots! :s0160::s0139::s0133::s0022::s0091::s0022::s0160:

Last Edited:
Baby back pork ribs...
Ribs.JPG

The bag was 1.5 pounds, and the package said "serves 3"...

BALDERDASH! :eek:

I ate the whole damned thing!
And I enjoyed every bit of it.
And I am not the least bit ashamed...

As also posted in the Drink Topic:

Ladies and Gentlemen, and to the rest of you, I present 7lbs. of smoke dried cuts of beef flesh with a sweet heat flavor. Often considered "The Most Sensual of the Jerked Meats." Pairs especially well with good ol Pabst, Ranier, Hamm's or similar.

IMG_0961.JPG

Last Edited:
Ribs, endless smoked St.Louis style dri rubbed goodness, smoked for days (Ok, hours) and finished on the BBQ for that killer bark! Added a little Jim Beam to the home made BBQ sause for the win! Dip a little, drink a little you know the drill!

As also posted in the Drink Topic:

Ladies and Gentlemen, and to the rest of you, I present 7lbs. of smoke dried cuts of beef flesh with a sweet heat flavor. Often considered "The Most Sensual of the Jerked Meats." Pairs especially well with good ol Pabst, Ranier, Hamm's or similar.

View attachment 987340
Oh MAN, you need to figure out bigger pictures!

Not exactly "on the grill tonight", but from this past Friday evening (2 nights ago)...

My buddy from Fort Worth who worked for me in Afghanistan years ago has been vacationing with his wife, son, and DIL in the San Juan Islands for the past 10 days or so. His wife's family was in tow as well, and he needed to get away from the BIL and SIL for a coupla days, so he drove over to E WA for a Friday/Saturday "breather" away from all the in-law craziness.

Dinner was at my place Friday night with Curtis, my good buddy from Afghanistan. I was his manager at my first post at FOB Walton from April to October of 2012. My manager granted me time off to fly to Dubai with Curtis to see him off when he rotated home in April of 2013. We got good n' drunk together at Trader Vic's on the waterfront in the Gold Souk. We went back to the hotel afterwards, and he left for the States early the next morning. That was the last time I saw him, 8+ years ago, until Friday night. Figures that we'd get good n' drunk again. We commenced the evening with 3 doubles of gin and tonics each...

The fare was 1-3/4" porterhouses (1.5 lubs each) from my favorite butcher shop down the street, rubbed in extra virgin olive oil, lightly seasoned with fresh ground sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper and seared on the 550F grill for 2 minutes/side. Sides were corn-on-the-cob and "baked" potatoes, both of which were roasted on the grill (hence the quotes around the "baked" part). This was paired with the obligatory mixed organic baby spring greens artisan salad and a fine bottle of locally produced Cab Sauv to wash it all down. Much reminiscing and catching up was had. Several "wee drams" :rolleyes: of Aberlour 16-year-old Speyside single malt scotch rounded out the evening...

Curtis1.JPG

We had brekkie at the local diner Saturday morning to sober up and then went to the range to shoot some pistols, the AK-47, and ring the 300-yd gong with the M4. It was so good to see my friend again after all these years. A fabulous weekend and a grand time was had by all...

PS: He got sunburned pretty good on Monday while kayaking in the islands.
Hasn't shaved all week cuz his face is so painful! But he's a tough guy. He'll get over it...

Last Edited:
Wtf is a cheddar garlic waffle
When I was a kid, 50 + years ago, Sunday breakfasts would be waffles or pancakes. Dad would put grated SHARP cheese in the waffle batter. Carefully fold it in to not destroy the shreds. Back then sharp cheese was like extra sharp Tillamook now. And I'll guess @2Wheels4Ever ads garlic of some form.

Not exactly "on the grill tonight", but from this past Friday evening (2 nights ago)...

My buddy from Fort Worth who worked for me in Afghanistan years ago has been vacationing with his wife, son, and DIL in the San Juan Islands for the past 10 days or so. His wife's family was in tow as well, and he needed to get away from the BIL and SIL for a coupla days, so he drove over to E WA for a Friday/Saturday "breather" away from all the in-law craziness.

Dinner was at my place Friday night with Curtis, my good buddy from Afghanistan. I was his manager at my first post at FOB Walton from April to October of 2012. My manager granted me time off to fly to Dubai with Curtis to see him off when he rotated home in April of 2013. We got good n' drunk together at Trader Vic's on the waterfront in the Gold Souk. We went back to the hotel afterwards, and he left for the States early the next morning. That was the last time I saw him, 8+ years ago, until Friday night. Figures that we'd get good n' drunk again. We commenced the evening with 3 doubles of gin and tonics each...

The fare was 1-3/4" porterhouses (1.5 lubs each) from my favorite butcher shop down the street, rubbed in extra virgin olive oil, lightly seasoned with fresh ground sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper and seared on the 550F grill for 2 minutes/side. Sides were corn-on-the-cob and "baked" potatoes, both of which were roasted on the grill (hence the quotes around the "baked" part). This was paired with the obligatory mixed organic baby spring greens artisan salad and a fine bottle of locally produced Cab Sauv to wash it all down. Much reminiscing and catching up was had. Several "wee drams" :rolleyes: of Aberlour 16-year-old Speyside single malt scotch rounded out the evening...

View attachment 990421

We had brekkie at the local diner Saturday morning to sober up and then went to the range to shoot some pistols, the AK-47, and ring the 300-yd gong with the M4. It was so good to see my friend again after all these years. A fabulous weekend and a grand time was had by all...

PS: He got sunburned pretty good on Monday while kayaking in the islands.
Hasn't shaved all week cuz his face is so painful! But he's a tough guy. He'll get over it...
Nothing like picking up where you left off with an old friend. Sounds like a great time, and the food looks like it was amazing!

Spicy B&B tonight! Those little red thingies... Thai red chili peppers... Damn, frick'n hot! Saturn V rocket exhaust kinda hot!

The keen observer will note the logo on the wooden utensil. Chris, I gotta tell ya, I love these things and I use 'em every day!

B&B1.JPG
B&B2.JPG

Last Edited:
Wednesday night... Sweet & Soul Polk with Pranet Kirrel Mai Tais!
It velly velly yummy!

Sweet-n-Sour Polk.JPG

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads