JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Smoked this tri trip for 3 hours and finished it on the hot grill to caramelize that sauce. Sliced up thin on this salted parmesan butter bread.....washed down with bourbon. I'll take that 7 days a week please.

IMG_20210620_164727254_HDR.jpg IMG_20210620_155623100_HDR.jpg

New York Strip last night... paired with steak fries, roasted c-o-c, and the obligatory organic baby mixed spring greens artisan salad and Cab Sauv chaser...

NYS1.JPG

NYS2.JPG

Alright soooo I finally got a new grill! After exclusively using gas my entire adult life I decided to switch it up and got a weber charcoal grill. It's definitely a different cook but I enjoyed the process and my steak was fu$$ing delicious!

20210623_203711.jpg 20210623_203357.jpg 20210623_194224.jpg

Alright soooo I finally got a new grill! After exclusively using gas my entire adult life I decided to switch it up and got a weber charcoal grill. It's definitely a different cook but I enjoyed the process and my steak was fu$$ing delicious!

View attachment 979858 View attachment 979859 View attachment 979860
I still do my beef steaks in a gas grill so I can get a good sear on both sides then turn it down to finish them of to a medium rare. I'll do pork shoulder steaks on the Weber though. I've got the Weber that has the heavier grill with the sides that flip up, and these goodies... https://www.amazon.com/Weber-7403-C...ocphy=9061079&hvtargid=pla-313150620220&psc=1 with a drip pan between them for using apple chunks for smoking pork country ribs and chicken and then finish those of in the oven at 225 'till the desired tenderness is reached.

I still do my beef steaks in a gas grill so I can get a good sear on both sides then turn it down to finish them of to a medium rare. I'll do pork shoulder steaks on the Weber though. I've got the Weber that has the heavier grill with the sides that flip up, and these goodies... https://www.amazon.com/Weber-7403-C...ocphy=9061079&hvtargid=pla-313150620220&psc=1 with a drip pan between them for using apple chunks for smoking pork country ribs and chicken and then finish those of in the oven at 225 'till the desired tenderness is reached.
Yep. I got the master series one that came with all that cool stuff

I'ma gittin' ready to throw on some baby back ribs in about 5 mikes. The corn-on-the-cob has already been roastin' for 'bout 20 mikes...

Will post back later with pics, if I'm not too sloshed to work the phone... :confused:

Been sippin' on these in the meantime...

G-n-T.JPG

Last Edited:
OK, finally got around to sending the pic and puttin' it up.
I seem to have overdone the corn, but damn, those ribs were mighty tasty!
Package says that it serves three. WhoTF they kidding? I ate the whole damned rack! I ain't proud... :s0140:

Baby back ribs.JPG

I'ma gittin' ready to throw on some baby back ribs in about 5 mikes. The corn-on-the-cob has already been roastin' for 'bout 20 mikes...

Will post back later with pics, if I'm not too sloshed to work the phone... :confused:

Been sippin' on these in the meantime...

View attachment 981524
I love's me Gin & Tonic's! No fancy gins though for that. I've tried several. Not even Tanqueray. I wouldn't turn it down mind you. I like Burnette's or Gilby's. If I'm at a Bar & Grill house gin is fine. New Amsterdam for a sip now and then.

I've tried a few over the years, even though I'm more of a bourbon and whisky drinker...
Came up on Beefeaters, cuz that's what me Mum, God bless her soul, used for her G-n-Ts when I was but a wee one...
Once I got out on my own, I switched to Tanqueray, simply because of a line in an old old Bruce Springsteen song from BITD...
Recently, a friend from Portlandia turned me on to Aviation. I like it since it has less of that potent aftertaste than the London dry gins with which I am more familiar.

Last Edited:
Not technically from the grill, but I'm pretty proud of me'seff nonetheless, since I haven't made a French omelet in forever...

Four eggs, milk, salt, paprika...
Omelet1.JPG

Chopped onions, cheddar cheese, pickled asparagus, and roasted red peppers...
Omelet2.JPG

Real creamery butter (Tillamook)...
Omelet3.JPG

Voilà!
Omelet4.JPG

Magnifique!
Delizioso.JPG

I've tried a few over the years, even though I'm more of a bourbon and whisky drinker...
Came up on Beefeaters, cuz that's what me Mum, God bless her soul, used for her G-n-Ts when I was but a wee one...
Once I got out on my own, I switched to Tanqueray, simply because of a line in an old Bruce Springsteen song from BITD...
Recently, a friend from Portlandia turned me on to Aviation. I like it since it has less of that potent aftertaste than the London dry gins with which I am more familiar.
I've tried the Aviation Gin. I don't care for to many astringent aromatics in my gin. That's why I like the lower shelf stuff. But not the bottom shelf. I've had a bottle of Aria Gin. Distilled here in NW potland. It's not as strong with the aromatics as I recall aviation was.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top