JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
God I hated school. All except in high school when I got two classes, out of seven, to be an "Athletics Manager". We were the group of guys that did the laundry, limed the field, kept the stats at football games and stayed 'till practice was over to hand out warm out of the dryer towels when the players got out of the showers. If the "Athletes gave the managers a hard time they'd get Cramergesic in their jocks the next day. A lotta fun was had while the boys were out on the field!
1622415516277.png

I'm pretty sure I was ADHD before they had a name for it... Seriously!

Every quarter on my report card, under "Self Control", all of my teachers checked the "Needs Improvement" box... for YEARS! :s0140:
My teachers totally gave up. I got participation awards after about 4th grade. Went from A's and B's to "who rigged this teachin' agenda anyway?"
Lol. luckily im just ADD. im lazy as hell, But my brain ain't.
I was such a twerp i totally gamed the system. I knew if i was enough of an bubblegum they would just graduate me out of their class for next year.
Only a few teachers wouldn't give up on me and flunked me.
In highschool i was sued for $10k by the school district for skipping about every other day of school. It was hilarious. All because of the Becca bill forcing us to go to school.

I have no friggin clue how i actually graduated. My trade school i went to half time really saved my bacon.. ALL the teachers there were stellar. All non profit. Wasn't really part of the school district per se but operated under them.
I actually wish i could have taken more classes there.

Last Edited:
God I hated school. All except in high school when I got two classes, out of seven, to be an "Athletics Manager". We were the group of guys that did the laundry, limed the field, kept the stats at football games and stayed 'till practice was over to hand out warm out of the dryer towels when the players got out of the showers. If the "Athletes gave the managers a hard time they'd get Cramergesic in their jocks the next day. A lotta fun was had while the boys were out on the field!
View attachment 895576

downloadfile-110.jpg

So, my Winco finally found a new supplier of lamb loin chops (instead of those nasty shoulder chops), but it was so damned windy here today, there was no way I was gonna keep the grill lit (winds steady at 28+ mph, with gusts to 40+ mph! :eek: )...
Check out the full stiffy on the huge (30' x 57') flag at the auto dealership a 1/4 mile away!
Full stiffy.JPG

So, I hatched a cunning plan to prepare my culinary repast indoors tonight...

Behold! Spicy Szechuan Chicken...
...before...
Spicy Szechuan Chicken1.JPG
Spicy Szechuan Chicken2.JPG

...during...
Spicy Szechuan Chicken3.JPG
Spicy Szechuan Chicken4.JPG

...and after...
Spicy Szechuan Chicken5.JPG

And all from scratch...

FYI, the observant reader will note the kitchen utensils in the first, third, and fourth pics.
So very many thanks to one of our very own for those exquisite culinary tools.
I use them almost every single day, and enjoy them most greatly...

Lastly, I wouldn't touch those red thingies with a 10-foot pole... they're are as hot as rocket fuel! :eek:
Spicy Szechuan Chicken6.JPG

Last Edited:
Lastly, I wouldn't touch those red thingies with a 10-foot pole... they're are as hot as rocket fuel! :eek:
liquid ozone hot?? Lol. That's a spicy meat-a-ball-a!
What was that stuff from back in the day Astrolite G IIRC. or FOOF/di flourine oxygen.

Here: this will get your BBQ startin' (into orbit ;))

Guys, I'm looking for a new grill under $1000. Any suggestions?
I can't tell you what TO get, but I can say with confidence, from personal experience, what NOT to get?
Do not get a grill with ANYthing other than good heavy stainless grates. No cast iron and no porcelain covered steel.

When my 18+ year old Ducane goes bad I'm going to get a weber I think. I feel that they are probably over rated? Weber IMO is just a ways above the cheapest built grills only for a lot more money. The thing about them is replacement part are readily available. So when stuff does go bad parts are easy. Where I'm not so sure how the $299.00 specials will be to find parts for 5 years down the line.

I'll be following this for ideas for when mine rots out to the point of kick'n it to the curb for the scrappers.

Well, at lonnnnng last, my grocery store finally is carrying lamb loin chops again (not those nasty, skanky shoulder chops)...
Lamb chops grilling.JPG

Marinated and grilled lamb loin chops, roasted corn-n-the-cob, baked potato, and a mixed baby spring greens artisan salad. Delizioso...
Lamb chops_served.JPG

And afterwards, sitting around the firepit long into the night and early into this morning. It was a might chilly in the Tri last night, for early June...
Firin' it up!
Firepit1.JPG

Nice and cozy fire...
Firepit2.JPG

The dying embers early this morning...
Firepit3.JPG

A very nice weekend, all in all...

Korean sliced chicken, marinated for 5 days in sake and Korean marinade. The chicken each has a dozen+ slices on it, almost through, so it can absorb even more of that marinade goodness. I keep brushing a mixture of the Korean bbq and honey on it. Its gonna have a nice glaze when done.

20210609_163550.jpg

Last Edited:
Korean sliced chicken, marinated for 5 days in sake and Korean marinade. The chicken each has a dozen+ slices on it, almost through, so it can absorb even more of that marinade goodness. I keep brushing a mixture of the Korean bbq and honey on it. Its gonna have a nice glaze when done.

View attachment 902384
You had me at "...marinated for 5 days in sake..." :s0116::s0116::s0116:

You had me at "...marinated for 5 days in sake..." :s0116::s0116::s0116:
Tonight was a bit decadent, but an easy marinade of sake, brown sugar, garlic and ginger is my standard. Just let it marinade at least 3 days and it ends up so wonderfully tender :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top