JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a 1960s era Marlin 30-30 that I would like to sell to a friend of mine to finance my next purchase. I don't want to over charge him but I want to get a fair price for this rifle. It is in pretty good shape, only a few small scuffs and such on the but of the stock. I know what I paid for it 4 years ago ($175) but I don't know what it's worth.

if someone could throw out a reasonable price range I would appreciate it.

Depends on what model and condition. I assume it is a model 336 but there are several variations of that model.

There's lots of good info on the Marlin Owner's Forum, it's the best place for Marlin info. But I've noticed the prices you see there (it's a nation-wide board) don't always match up with the ones here in the PNW.

Mostly I see 336's go for $325-375, depending on condition and model. You can probably find your exact model with some digging on Marlin Owner's. The older ones don't usually last more than a week on the used gun rack around here (Eugene, OR area).

Straight grips and octagon barrels are found on special, harder-to-find models and then the prices can go up quite a bit.

ok thanks for the info guys, i'll look into those forums and i'm leaning toward $225, it's not perfect but it's a great usable rifle. I find there is a big difference between a great usable rifle and a rifle that makes the gun closet look good. those $300+ prices couldn't be for a usable rifle, way too high.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top