JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Weatherby Mark V Ultra Lightweight 6.5 Creedmoor. Blackened stainless steel, fluted barrel 22" New in box. Bought this summer from the gun shop. Never fired or mounted scope. What might it go for if I were to sell it? Thanks in advance

From what I've read many, but not all, of the folks on here would say that you should take what you paid for it and deduct 40% and then include OBO in your ad.:cool::cool::cool:

I'm not into either the rifle or the caliber so won't offer any other pricing suggestion.

Me, I'd find what they are going for on-line/at big gun stores or whatever and then knock off $50 or something to start as they'll have to pay a transfer fee and travel to see a pre-bought/owned gun.

Assuming the gun went for a normal price when you bought it, it is likely worth between 3/4 and 7/8 of what it was worth when you bought it, assuming it still appears unfired.

Since the universal BGC bills passed, buying from a private party has lost much of its appeal. And at the end of the day, your gun is used whether you shot it or not. Like I told my customers when I had my shop. The moment that gun leaves my shop, it's like driving a new car off the lot. Bring it back in and try to sell it, it gets used value.

There are of course exceptions to this rule. If what you have is a difficult item to acquire locally, then it may demand closer to retail. If a gun has been discontinued and is harder to find, then same thing. You have the bonus of instant gratification going for you, which helps.

To order that gun new right now, I'd charge a customer around $1750 to $1800. So if it truly is still like new and unfired, I would as $1650 o.b.o.

Hope all that helps.

download.jpg

Buying Firearms as an investment is pretty much like anything else. In general, they go down in value to begin with but after some time has passed they might be worth a few bucks more but your Dollars aren't worth as much as they were either. So it's a crap shoot at best.

For me if I'm buying a used gun I take what they are asking, add in FFL charges, add in gas for how far I'd need to travel and see how close that price is to a new one I could just order myself. If I'm saving $50 or more I'd consider it otherwise I'd just spend the little extra and buy it new myself. I suppose if it's new and unfired it may not be a big deal but if it' used I'd rather just pony up the extra and buy new. Not everyone is honest on why they are selling something and some warranties only apply to the original purchaser and aren't transferable. If you really want to sell it make it a decent enough deal that someone will save a bit of money on but that your ok with.

I'd put it up on GB or other Auction site before I'd be cutting the price unless I know I really overpaid for the Gun. Too many people can look at the wholesale prices and think that that is what they should be paying. We used to call them "ShotgunNewsee" because they would walk around the Gunshows with a copy in their hand saying things like "Well, right here, pointing to a page, I can get that same Gun for XX. (Now in a high pitched winny voice) Why do you want so much for your Gun?" Some Table Holders would then start cutting their prices but most welcomed the chance to say "Go for it!" When frequently the next statement is "But, they(now shaking the page) don't have one in stock!":eek::eek::eek:

Today I ordered a Warne 20 min tactical rail and 34 mm rings for a Burris xtr ii 5x25x50 I just picked up. No one had the 20 min rail for the mark V short action in stock, finally found one at Swfa after checking everywhere for days. Hopefully it shows up before my whitetail hunt later this week.

Today I ordered a Warne 20 min tactical rail and 34 mm rings for a Burris xtr ii 5x25x50 I just picked up. No one had the 20 min rail for the mark V short action in stock, finally found one at Swfa after checking everywhere for days. Hopefully it shows up before my whitetail hunt later this week.
What're ya gonna strap that to?

Sweet rifle. I love the actions Weatherby puts on their MK V rifles, and I've heard good things about the XTR scopes.
Good luck on your hunt and put meat in your freezer. :)

As far as selling, if you put it on consignment, it'll fetch close to retail, but you'll lose 25% to the shop.
If not, I'd put it up for what it's worth.
As far as rarity, it's one of a kind - blessed by the ghost of Roy Weatherby during its test firing.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top