JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just wanted to see what the average load out is looking like with you folks....

Standard Good Quality Backpack
10.5 Ar pistol with folder and 2.5x prism scope
Chest rig with 3 ar mags and 2 Glock mags plus IFAK dangler and assorted gear(flashlight/chemlights/batteries) in the admin panel
Lifestraw
Emergency blanket
Power bars
Emergency surgery kit
Binoculars
Compass
3l hydro carrier
And a knife and multitool

I don't have a truck. But I've got an old Ford station wagon. It has decking way in back that lifts up to reveal storage. Let's see, in it are quarts of oil, jumper cables, mouse traps, baby wipes, road fusees, space blanket, knife, a single M1 Rifle en bloc clip (in case I forget). The tools necessary to keep it going are under the front seat, loose. Including a dwell meter, remember those? I think there are some water bottles under there, too.

I don't have a truck bag. I have a truck chest. A plastic tote that contains stuff needed for exploring the woods and commuting to work.

It has more stuff than I can remember with all the typical items that any intelligent redneck has. Tow straps, tie-down straps, duct tape, first aid kit, portable charger pack with air compressor, tool kit, rope, para-cord, small hatchet, TP, baby wipes, winter hat, gloves, Forest Service map of the area I'm usually in, extra water, blanket, and a few other items I can't remember.

I also have a survival pack that I take when hiking and exploring the woods that is in the rig that has extra clothing, fire starter, flashlights, energy bars, trail mix, baby wipes, bleach for water purifying, extra water, folding saw, extra fixed blade knife, first-aid kit, para cord, emergency blanket, gloves, binoculars, bic lighters, signal whistle, and fire rod.

No extra gun stuff. Just my P365 and an extra magazine in the center console. When I'm in the woods, I have my Glock G29 with a 15-round magazine and an extra 10-round magazine in the pack.

No chance of civil unrest where I live, so no need for extra ammo. When I do my annual road trip down to Arizona this winter, I'll throw my Extar EP-9 and four full 33-round mags in the suitcase, along with my P365 on me at all times. Should be just fine for whatever happens.

I don't have a truck bag. I have a truck chest. A plastic tote that contains stuff needed for exploring the woods and commuting to work.

It has more stuff than I can remember with all the typical items that any intelligent redneck has. Tow straps, tie-down straps, duct tape, first aid kit, portable charger pack with air compressor, tool kit, rope, para-cord, small hatchet, TP, baby wipes, winter hat, gloves, Forest Service map of the area I'm usually in, extra water, blanket, and a few other items I can't remember.

I also have a survival pack that I take when hiking and exploring the woods that is in the rig that has extra clothing, fire starter, flashlights, energy bars, trail mix, baby wipes, bleach for water purifying, extra water, folding saw, extra fixed blade knife, first-aid kit, para cord, emergency blanket, gloves, binoculars, bic lighters, signal whistle, and fire rod.

No extra gun stuff. Just my P365 and an extra magazine in the center console. When I'm in the woods, I have my Glock G29 with a 15-round magazine and an extra 10-round magazine in the pack.

No chance of civil unrest where I live, so no need for extra ammo. When I do my annual road trip down to Arizona this winter, I'll throw my Extar EP-9 and four full 33-round mags in the suitcase, along with my P365 on me at all times. Should be just fine for whatever happens.

Y'know, I'm starting to believe ol' Hank's song is true.... a country boy CAN survive!

;)

_16ce8d16-101d-11e9-ac1e-a6f4b8823b62.jpg

Pecans..I deliver pecans.:rolleyes:

Emergency blanket
Emergency water
Emergency food (power bar things)
First aid kit
Paper map of the region
Multitool/knife
Backup power brick with cables
Emergency radio/flashlight (hand crank)
Emergency skittles stash

In my truck box:

Chain saw
Jump starter
200' 5/8" nylon rope
Snatch block (2)
Cargo sling (2)
Logger chain 20' (4)
Logging choker 20'
2 gal water
Freeze dried food
1gal 2-cycle gas
Block & tackle
Shovel
Axe
Claw hammer
Sledge hammer
Leather gloves
1st Aid kit
Survival blanket
Rain poncho
Fire extinguisher
Pry bar 3'
Tire chains
9000# portable winch

A Buck 110 and a pistol are always on my belt.

Last Edited:
You really don't need much.

Shorts. [Allows maximum tattoo exposure]

Skinny pants. [Protection from over masculinity].

Flip flops. [For hiking].

Weed [Cant remember]?

Half charged cell phone. [ Good for ''A three hour tour''].

I keep a small box in my truck/suv. It's got a lot of stuff in there. Knife, duel fuel stove, fishing pole, tackle box, rain gear, gloves, beanie, flashlight, bigger knife, jump box, jumper cables, tool kit, lighter, matches, zip ties, paracord. I know I'm forgetting a bit; I actually made a video of it on youtube if you are dying to see it all.

In my GHB which stays in my truck:
  • Extra clothes including insulation, socks, rain gear, sun hat, and underwear. If you don't carry extra underwear, God help you...
  • Cut-resistant gloves
  • Water
  • Food for a day or two
  • Lightweight warm-weather sleeping bag
  • Waterproof bivy sack
  • City map with all bridges between me and home highlighted
  • Sleeping pad
  • Inflatable PFD
  • HAM radio
  • OTC meds
  • Sunblock
  • TP and wipes. If you don't carry TP and wipes, God help you...
If I'm traveling more than 30 minutes from home, I take a more comprehensive GHB and more food, but the above is my EDC.

In the truck itself:
  • Tow strap
  • Snatch block
  • Short length of chain
  • Receiver hitch clevis
  • Basic mechanic's tools
  • Fleece gloves
  • Leather work gloves
  • Sunglasses
  • Reading glasses
  • Safety glasses
  • Ear plugs
  • Notepad
  • Pen/pencil
  • Tire pressure gauge
  • 12V Air compressor
  • Tire plug kit
  • Jack
  • Lug wrench
  • Spare tire
  • Large tire Fix-a-flat
  • Tire chains (winter)
  • Spare fuses/lamps
  • Extra Flashlight
  • Fixed-blade knife
  • First aid kit
  • Toilet paper
  • Disinfecting wipes
  • Maps
  • Winch controller
  • Spare winch solenoid
  • CB radio
  • Towel
  • Extra 1 gallon water
  • 2 Tarps
  • Axe
  • Shovel
  • Rope
  • Tie-down straps
  • 4-30 min. flares
  • Bungee cords
  • Fire extinguisher
  • 800W Inverter
  • Jumper cables
  • 12V Heater
  • The best dual-purpose battery money can buy under the hood
  • Pistol lock box cabled to seat frame
  • Dash cams, front and rear
  • 12V USB charger

I keep a small box in my truck/suv. It's got a lot of stuff in there. Knife, duel fuel stove, fishing pole, tackle box, rain gear, gloves, beanie, flashlight, bigger knife, jump box, jumper cables, tool kit, lighter, matches, zip ties, paracord. I know I'm forgetting a bit; I actually made a video of it on youtube if you are dying to see it all.
I'd be interested in it if ya wanna post the video

Defense Minister
Dang! You've gotta have a full sized truck to carry all that stuff. I carry about a third that amount. The rest I keep at home. Unless I'm planning a trip. You have a good list of things to keep you self sufficient. Probably a good time for me to re evaluate my preparedness items which I haven't done for a while.

Nothing extra special the rest of ya'll have not already mentioned. Have a nice and comfy 3 section assault pack with enough gear for the wife and I to be outdoors away from home base for 3 days and stay supplied. Wife has a xerox copy of this pack and load out in her car. This way no matter which vehicle we are driving we are equipped. OK just went out and looked around my truck and found the following stuff: 1/2 pack of cigs and lighter for same; about $20 in loose change in the divider; sunglasses; bully stick; tire iron; a bandanna; about 25 used face diapers [masks] and a partridge in a pear tree! See this was going somewhere :s0114: Merry Christmas everyone!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top