Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Whats in your range box

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by ThunderStruck, Jun 26, 2016.

1. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Southern Oregon Member

Just wondering what's in your range box

2. L84Cabo

L84Cabo Orcas Island, WA Well-Known Member

Range stuff! :D

Wolf256, Joe13 and Sstrand like this.
  3. edslhead

edslhead Vanc Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

I hate to say it, but right now, the cat.:p

Hawaiian, Wolf256 and Joe13 like this.
  4. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

too much to list and one BFH.

Joe13 and Ura-Ki like this.
  5. No_Regerts

No_Regerts United States Well-Known Member

Basically, my range box is a large tool box with cleaning solvents, lubricants,, a torque adjustable screw driver with standard/Allen/torx bits, various cleaning tools and target repair stuff. I basically want to have anything I would need to fix minor issues on the range, especially tools for scope mounts.

etrain16 and Joe13 like this.
  6. The Nothing

The Nothing PDX Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

ear and eye protection. spray adhesive to put NWFA targets onto tri-fold cardboard displays. 2g of water. dog bowl. dog's safety vest. first aid kit. extra 100rds just in case I want more.

edit: Almost forgot a full replacement signage for Wildcat!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
    etrain16, Joe13 and v0lcom13sn0w like this.
  7. v0lcom13sn0w

v0lcom13sn0w Keizer, or Well-Known Member

WATER, TP, Ammo, CLP, Rem oil, PTFE grease, magpul front sight tool,screwdriver with a box of 100 diff. bits, punches, hammer, nails, duct tape, allen wrenches, AR armorers tool, boresnakes. prob a few other things depending on the trip.

first three are critical.

etrain16 and Joe13 like this.
  8. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Depends on what guns and what range I'm going too honestly...

It's not rocket science:s0092:

etrain16 likes this.
  9. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Not a box, but a bag. Hearing protection, eye protection, staple gun, ammo, some small tools for on-site repairs, cleaner/lube, rag, loaders, mags, clips (if I have certain guns with me), gate entry card for the range. Pretty simple stuff.

Pops1911 and Joe13 like this.
  10. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

When I was younger, I had a range bag for launching my model rockets. I guess back then, it really was rocket science :cool:

Joe13 likes this.
  11. No_Regerts

No_Regerts United States Well-Known Member

:s0070:

etrain16 likes this.
  12. AndyinEverson

AndyinEverson Everson, Wa. Well-Known Member

DSC06034.jpg DSC06031.jpg
    No box for me.
    I shoot from my shooting bag.
    That being said I will bring a GI issue "Musette bag" with ammo , cleaning gear and tools to adjust sights if shooting one of my cartridge guns or checking my sights of any of my guns before hunting.
    Andy

13. DSAPT9

DSAPT9 North Idaho Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

I have two things I take to the range first is a range bag the other is a range box. The box stays in the truck and It is a large 4 drawer fishing box filled with left over parts, hammers, punches, two small part vises, screw driver kit, a few gun taps, various screws and various files and stones.

I play with ARs so any part I replace with an upgrade the old one goes into the box so I have complete lower part kits, flash hiders, spring kits, gas rings, extractors, pins, firing pins and other stuff. I have parts for my Glock like mag release, slide release and sear also parts for the 10-22 including a complete stock trigger group.

So if something happens I usually have something to fix it short of a welder.

Now my range bag usually has the firearms I am going to shoot, hearing protection, eye protection and magazines. I have a 30 cal ammo can for ammo so do not carry ammo in the range bag unless it is in the magazine.

Some will say it is over kill but the range I go to (if not shooting on my property) is a covered outdoor range 45 min away and I do not want to get there find out I have a broken gas ring and I am done for the day.

Occasionally a buddy will need something to finish a build and I might be able to help them out as well.