JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Stores of every kind this time of year let their stock go down as they are doing inventory and don't want to have to pay any more in inventory taxes than they have to. I wouldn't worry about it unless the situation hasn't improved in another 1-2 months.

Go to Bi-Mart and/or buy online. MUCH cheaper.

I like to browse at Wholesale Sports and Fishermans and go there once every few months but I rarely purchase anything because the pricing is rather high. I was there a few days ago to get a 223 bore snake and they had none, and didn't even have a hanger for that caliber on the rack ???

I went to Bi-Mart last night and picked up 2 bore snakes for 20% off their normal low price, which is lower than Wholesale or Fishermans.

If you hit up Wholesale and Fisherman's when they have good sales on particular items you can get smoking deals, but in the meantime I like my neighborhood Bi-Mart.

Welcome to the modern world of Merchandising and Retail Management. I noticed the same thing at the Burlington, WA Sportsman's Warehouse just before they sold. When a company has cash flow problems they analyze what sells, what doesn't, and then consolidate their resources into those areas that generate the most revenue, the quickest. When the shelf stock starts shrinking of a particular line it's a clear sign that it's just not moving in the numbers that the upper managers want to see.

Reloading supplies, among those that reload, are a big deal. To the majority of the world of merchandising and marketing, they are merely a small "Niche" which will end up eventually being dominated by huge companies like Cabela's or "Online Outlets". It's just a simple case of economics.

As for the "Bi-Mart will order anything" statement, why not just order it yourself? Have it quicker, don't have to drive anywhere to first order, then pick it up, and therefore save gas. If the hazmat fee is too large a percentage, just plan ahead and order enough to make the fee insignificant. On my "Online Orders" the hazmat fee amounts to about $0.50 per "unit". It's even better when I'm buying primers that cost me $25/box less than the local Dealer (CCI BR-2's, local price $62)

Whorehouse Sports is short of money, period. Many vendors are still being paid COD. When Sportsmans Warehouse went through there financing problems, bills went unpaid. Now, Whorehouse Sports gets treated like a nobody by several suppliers. The problems are getting better and the new managment is doing their best to keep the shelves filled, but when you go to the plate with one strike already...

I think Powder Valley has free shipping and no haz mat fees.

No, you still pay both with the exception of a promotion on a select product where they may pay the hazmat for a short time if you order a specific item.

Regardless, their prices are lower than any local supplier, they have stock in what you order almost every time, and the hazmat usually is offset by the savings when ordering from them.

Powder Valley doesn't have free shipping, but it is not that expensive; $14 for every 60 pounds. They will ship up to 48 pounds of primers and powder on one hazmat. I made an order with them after seeing the name in this thread; thanks Taylor. When I showed a couple of buddies the prices, they were surprised. I will be ordering more from them.

Powder Valley doesn't have free shipping, but it is not that expensive; $14 for every 60 pounds.

Just an example of how the savings at PV more than offset the freight, on my last order they sold Varget (8#) for $136.50 while the local Dealer wanted $180 for the same item/amount. I could save $25 by driving over 120 miles round trip to another Dealer. I usually find that I save enough on one or two items in my order to pay the hazmat and freight. Since I never buy just one or two items from them the savings just rack up.

It may be that the department or store managers have no say in what is ordered or when. All items are ordered for the stores by the bean counters at corporate. For a long time I couldn't even get 38/357 brass from the store here in Salem, before, during, and after the corporate change. Many times it turns into an exercise in futility to even drive to a local store for what I need, as they probably won't have it on hand. Most of the time I just order what I need from Midway or Sinclair. No wasting time or gas. I stopped by Outdoor yesterday to look at powders and the stocks were a bit better. Ironic, they were well stocked with 10mm Auto brass, but I don't know of many shooters who even use that cartridge with the exception of myself (and I have lots of brass on hand).

Ironic, they were well stocked with 10mm Auto brass, but I don't know of many shooters who even use that cartridge with the exception of myself (and I have lots of brass on hand).

That's why they were so well stocked. Nobody buys it. :);)

Just for fun, put your initials and date on a couple of bags then go back 6 mo's to a year later and see if they're still there.

I did this with some cast bullets in a weird configuration at a local Dealer's shop. After watching them for two years I made him a low-ball offer and the deal sealer was the date I had marked in the corner of the box.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top