JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While I did not have any money or guns with this business, it sounds like many others did. I would strongly suggest that you write up a brief description of what you put down as payment and/or consignment, and give a copy to the District Attorney in the city, as well as seeing about filing a police report for the loss. If they were going out of business, but yet still taking money & guns in, that could be considered theft by deception? Also, if they did transfer guns from the shops name into their own, that is also disturbing! :huh:

Has anyone know if they received insurance payment for the "stolen firearms" from the August 2011 breakin? I had one revolver that was supposed to have been stolen and I have only heard that "their attorney" is filing to recover from them. If their claim was itemized by loss could we contact their insurance agent/company and tell them that we have not received payment? Also I was notified by the ATF that of the three remaining firearms that I had left on consignment only two were in the inventory- therefore they owe me for an additional "sold" item. Sounds as if they are ignoring their phone/texts just as they are ingoring any e-mail that is being sent also.

As far as I know, C and C has never been paid the insurance money for the break-in. There was a party at the eviction that had a similar situation and the ATF mentioned that the ATF still had the case in "open in active status".

As for ignoring, I doubt they have ever replied to an email, ever. I did finally get a text back after 2 days that pretty much said what their note on the door said. So atleast I have confirmation that they recieved my info. My suggestion? Keep sending them the same text every day until they reply.

I was there and heard that part of that conversation, being rather old fashioned- guess I will have to learn how to text- wonder what they are doing with registered or certified mail.

Just got a call from Jake. I guess funding for their loan has come through and checks are going out early next week.

That's very interesting, at 1:50 i texted the number to see if i could get someone to call me back and received a text back that said they were still waiting to hear from the bank about financing.

My husband had several guns on consignment at C & C Gun Sales. He went there this week to pick up the guns, since nothing seemed to be selling and discovered the shop has been closed down.

We did some online research and found this info in the Clark County court search info: Superior Court Case # 13-2-00175-0. It appears that RCW 59.18.312 has been invoked, allowing the landlord to confiscate all guns and other property on the property to sell at auction!

We have contacted Fox 12 news and suggest everyone else do the same. Lets get to the bottom of this as quickly as possible before our property is lost forever!

C & C Gun Sales has turned in their federal firearm license.
C & C Gun Sales business license holder name: Linda E. Hosman. Her husband's name is Charles Hosman. Brother's name is Jake Hosman. Mother's (?) name: Zebula Hosman

If I had a firearm on consignment, I would file for an injunction against the auction/sale. C&C wouldn't have 'owned' anything that was on consignment; they would have only been acting as the agent for the sale.

elsie

That's very interesting, at 1:50 i texted the number to see if i could get someone to call me back and received a text back that said they were still waiting to hear from the bank about financing.

We received a call two days ago from Jake who said they were still waiting for bank financing approval. He said they were expecting to hear from the bank within the next week. I told him my husband only wants to hear one thing from him and that is the location of his guns and when and where he can pick them up. I asked him WHERE the guns were and all he'd say was that they were "safe" and not to worry about them. He sounded VERY nervous. What a SLIMEBALL outfit!

Their attorney appears to be Karen M. T. Nashiwa
805 SW Broadway Ste 2750
Portland, OR 97205
(503) 517-8200

Did anyone know that Linda also had a business in Idaho, filed for bankruptcy, along with warrants for unpaid taxes back in 2006? The warrants have been satisfied...oh, darn!
Washington Courts - Search Case Records

My husband had several guns on consignment at C & C Gun Sales. He went there this week to pick up the guns, since nothing seemed to be selling and discovered the shop has been closed down.

We did some online research and found this info in the Clark County court search info: Superior Court Case # 13-2-00175-0. It appears that RCW 59.18.312 has been invoked, allowing the landlord to confiscate all guns and other property on the property to sell at auction!

We have contacted Fox 12 news and suggest everyone else do the same. Lets get to the bottom of this as quickly as possible before our property is lost forever!

C & C Gun Sales has turned in their federal firearm license.
C & C Gun Sales business license holder name: Linda E. Hosman. Her husband's name is Charles Hosman. Brother's name is Jake Hosman.

Another sad story re C & C Gun Sales: Man: Guns to be sold to pay for cancer treatment left me with nothing | News | Downtown Vancouver News

The landlord took possession of an empty and run down space, nothing else. All items were removed from the space prior to the eviction process.

If I had a firearm on consignment, I would file for an injunction against the auction/sale. C&C wouldn't have 'owned' anything that was on consignment; they would have only been acting as the agent for the sale.

elsie

I would also file in small claims court. Any and all judgements you can get against these clowns will help when trying to get reimbursed or get your possessions back.

If you read back a few pages you will see. I received a phone call from Jake at C & C on Friday afternoon April 5th to confirm my address for them to mail a check for my consigned pistol. I spoke to 1 other person who I have been working with to find and contact anyone at C & C who received a similar call on the same day, though he set up an appointment to meet the owners sometime in the afternoon of Monday April 8th.

If you have not yet contacted C & C by text message or voicemail at the number they posted on their door, or that was posted on this forum I would suggest you do so. This is what I did:
So, for now I am sending a text to 360-713-2092 that says
my name
my contact number
my type of transaction
the items involved
the phrase "Please call me with repayment info"
and then end it with "Please reply to this text to confirm you have received it".

I would also file in small claims court. Any and all judgements you can get against these clowns will help when trying to get reimbursed or get your possessions back.

Have you ever taken anyone to small claims court? I have, twice over their at fault traffic accidents. Won a judgment in both cases, some 25 years later I'm still waiting for my money as there is no legal means to force collection without hiring an attorney.

Met with Jake and Zeb yesterday at 1:30pm in the old shop's parking lot. Mom was sitting in her van in the back of the lot and did not come out. Jake was friendly. Zeb didn't say a word.

They returned my 2 shotguns they had on consignment, paid me for the pistol that was stolen in the robbery, as well as paid me for the 2 shotguns they sold but didn't tell me about. Got a cashier's check, went to their bank and cashed it. Me and the Hosmans are square. Even. Done.

I hope everyone else has similar luck. I am glad it is done.

Very glad to hear it.
Thanks for the update. I will do the same if/when it happens.
They returned my text last week about a meet on Thursday but they have not followed up as of yet.

I met with Jake and Zeb today in the parking lot in front of the shop to get my situation squared up with them. In the end our transaction is complete with both parties original expectations fulfilled. There were also 2 other gentlemen there completing their business with Zeb and Jake. Both of those transactions were completed with everyone appearing satisfied with their outcome.
If there is one thing for me to complain about during this process, it would be the perceived lack of communication/contact from the guys. I have my ideas as to why that was but it would only be speculation at this point.
I hope everyone else is able to be made whole at the end of this and believe that is Zeb and Jakes goal, but i wonder if it will be on the customers expectation of terms.

While I don't think that harassing these guys on Facebook is a very good idea, it's good work finding that.
This is the message posted on their door.
View attachment 60386

Says that they have acquired a loan, are waiting on the funds and that we should be texting them with our info and transaction type, and they will get back to us. Not what the ATF told us, but maybe C and C thinks this fits with what they told the ATF they were going to do.

So, for now I am sending a text to 360-713-2092 that says my name, my contact number, my type of transaction, the items involved, the phrase "Please call me with repayment info", and then end it with "Please reply to this text to confirm you have received it".

I wish it was faster, or that they had reached out to us instead of this text crap, but there is only so fast you can push a loan department (frankly I'm surprised that they got a loan with what has got to be on their credit history), and honestly, with the way they have handled things so far, I don't blame them for not wanting to actually talk to people on the phone. They should have called us, but yea....

Anyways, that's what I know. Like people noted above, the shop is empty except for the gun counter and the racks in the customer area. I had heard from the Landlord that another party was very interested in moving in with their own gun shop.

about a new gun store opening up there.
ops sorry that was me weeks ago, early on i called the leasing agent and was asking questions about renting out that spot to open up my own gun shop and i wanted to know when it would be available, at that time she had no idea that they had been closed for a month and was going to call the owner and ask and call me back, i called her 3 days later and she said she had not heard back from the owner and would try again and call me so that maybe we could meet, she never called me back.
I am looking for a job though, but not in the sealing peoples money business.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top