JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was waiting for them to come out with an exposed hammer LCR like the LCRx. Great platform. I stupidly sold two SP-101s I had (3" and 4"). Wish I had them back. Great balance of size and weight, plus the trigger group is really easy to drop and work on and smooth out.

I got my new hammerless LCR 38 wtih green fiberoptic sight for $359 shipped (No tax but $30 transfer fee and background check). The 357 version would have cost me about $100 more. I just swapped out the stock Houge tamer grips for Ergo Delta grips.

My LCR has better grips and a waaaaay better trigger than any airweight J frame or Taurus I have ever handled. Another plus is that the lock is located beneath the grip where you will never see it, versus the ugly S&W "Hillary hole" lock that is right behind the cylinder release. I do not see any point in chambering a 2" airweight in .357 Magnum, for me the .38+P is the ideal load for this type of gun in terms of recoil.

HOWDY
GOING OFF THE WRONG WAY,,,,,,,BUT,,,I CARRY A 44 SPECIAL 'CHARTER ARMS' WITH THE GREEN AND BLACK TIGER STRIPES CAMMO JOB..........IT IS ONLY 22 OZ OR SO.....EASY TO HIDEOUT AND YA WONT NEED A NEIGHBOR TO PREVENT YOU ROLLING BACKWARDS. THE 'SIMPLY RUGGED' HOLSTER SNUGS IT UP VERY WELL. I ALSO HAVE A LCR38+ IN WHICH I CARRY WHEN I FEEL THE WANT.

HOWDY
GOING OFF THE WRONG WAY,,,,,,,BUT,,,I CARRY A 44 SPECIAL 'CHARTER ARMS' WITH THE GREEN AND BLACK TIGER STRIPES CAMMO JOB..........IT IS ONLY 22 OZ OR SO.....EASY TO HIDEOUT AND YA WONT NEED A NEIGHBOR TO PREVENT YOU ROLLING BACKWARDS. THE 'SIMPLY RUGGED' HOLSTER SNUGS IT UP VERY WELL. I ALSO HAVE A LCR38+ IN WHICH I CARRY WHEN I FEEL THE WANT.
Where do you find .44 special (commercial) ammo?

Unless you reload or only shoot defensive rounds its a PITA to find.

I am on the hunt for a Mod 36 in 3" right now (or a Mod 60) but it must be 3" with adjustable sights.
Yep...
36-1.jpg

RELOAD FOR NOW
Reload forever as far as I am concerned.
However since I 'inherited' this Victory from my dad I am really beginning to like this this Mod 10 K frame platform. I have been carrying it around a bit and find it carries almost as well as the J frame. It's balance is excellent and a natural pointer. It needs new grips as the original smooth walnut are nearly useless. I hope none of you guys don't frown on me for carrying and shooting a WW2 era gun but it is in excellent shape with a trigger, function and lockup as good as, or better than many new Smiths I have handled. Also I think my dad would appreciate it. I am now considering looking for a 'modern' Smith along this style & size as opposed to the Mod 36 I have been looking for.

However since I 'inherited' this Victory from my dad I am really beginning to like this this Mod 10 K frame platform. I have been carrying it around a bit and find it carries almost as well as the J frame. It's balance is excellent and a natural pointer. It needs new grips as the original smooth walnut are nearly useless. I hope none of you guys don't frown on me for carrying and shooting a WW2 era gun but it is in excellent shape with a trigger, function and lockup as good as, or better than many new Smiths I have handled. Also I think my dad would appreciate it. I am now considering looking for a 'modern' Smith along this style & size as opposed to the Mod 36 I have been looking for.

Nope, I wont frown on you for respecting this wonderful revolver. This same gun...Ya don't have to go back to the big wars to discover the history of these guns. We carried them as aircrew weapons during Vietnam. In 1982, I attended an Army school where the repair of these guns was still part of the curriculum. Great gun.

WAYNO.

I am with you, I carry a K frame cause I like to hit what I shoot at and K frames are very accurate. It ain't tactical but with the right ammo it's going to do the job.o_O

Last Edited:
Don't know about others, but I want to get another little S&W model 36. Just for nostalgia reasons.
Its just a 5 shot standard load pocket gun.
People must like them, as no one seems ready to part with one :)

Chalk up another vote for the S&W 442. Nice little hide-out. The "hammer-less" operation helps eliminate snags when drawing. Fires first time, every time. I added a CT laser for fast, heads up, both eyes open, targeting - better grips, too.

Ex Gladio Libertas

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads