JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pretty everything in LPK: FCG, springs, detents, takedown and pivot pins, bolt release, etc.
I'm not saying everything they put out is crap, I'm saying there is a higher probability they are crap and from what I've seen there plenty out there that do not run fine.

There would not be a market for this sort of thing if the issue didn't exist...
AR Platform Offset Buffer Retainer – CommonBullets

So if the buffer pin location is wrong...it's out of spec, no?

I really don't think you can go wrong buying one of these lowers and a half decent LPK like CMMG, but that's just my experience.

End of the day, it's a mechanical device made by man...it's all subject to fail and this is coming from a buy once, cry once type of guy lol.

Edit to add: I've never used their LPK that come in PSA's specials specifically as I bought a bunch from CMMG when they were on sale. The PSA parts go into a bin for replacements etc.

So if the buffer pin location is wrong...it's out of spec, no?

I really don't think you can go wrong buying one of these lowers and a half decent LPK like CMMG, but that's just my experience.

End of the day, it's a mechanical device made by man...it's all subject to fail and this is coming from a buy once, cry once type of guy lol.

Edit to add: I've never used their LPK that come in PSA's specials specifically as I bought a bunch from CMMG when they were on sale. The PSA parts go into a bin for replacements etc.

I bought a lower parts kit that includes the pistol grips. The first two builds included the pistol grip but did not include a fire control group so ordered a BCM PNT trigger and hammer set. Quite pleased with these two builds and put about 900 rounds down range with these first two builds.

I bought four Anderson opps kit. Also bought gas rings, extractor replacement kit, and cam pins replacements as well. I do the gas ring test every time I clean the BCG to see if the gas rings need to be replaced or not.

I bought a lower parts kit that includes the pistol grips. The first two builds included the pistol grip but did not include a fire control group so ordered a BCM PNT trigger and hammer set. Quite pleased with these two builds and put about 900 rounds down range with these first two builds.

I bought four Anderson opps kit. Also bought gas rings, extractor replacement kit, and cam pins replacements as well. I do the gas ring test every time I clean the BCG to see if the gas rings need to be replaced or not.

Have to admit I had to look this up, apparently there's a right way and wrong way to do this. What's the average round expectancy on these rings?

I found a G48 in stock today. The grip is a good fit between the G19 2x4 grip and the G43 "Dude, where's the rest of my grip". Nice and light too. The advertised length is deceptive because it includes the curved butt at the end of the grip and not just the slide. I think that a G43X with night sights would be a good upgrade to my Ruger LC9s. If the Queen shall allow us to carry 15 rounds, the Smith & Wesson M&P M2.0 Compact 9mm 4" is also a nice fit, just a bit heavier.

ocking-upbecause-itwasntrainingwhen-noah-started-building-theark-%F0%9F%98%8A-gun-gossip-5271990.png

In the short term, I've picked up a few last minute things. Until I can escape this oppression.

In the intermediate term, I'm weighing my options for various states that I think will be the best fit and easiest move.

Keep in mind the anti-gun states are a big minority in this nation. So why choose to live in one of them? There's about 10 really oppressive ones, 5 not so good ones, and 35 really good ones. Exercise your freedom and move.

I believe moving to a PRO gun state is the smart move, since it increases voting pools in those states to prevent this spread of locusts. And you decrease the tax revenues, the population totals (CA is shrinking and losing huge $$$$), etc. And it buys you time. That time means a lot of GOOD things might happen with gun laws. I do believe the SCOTUS will be forced to stop ignoring this and take some gun law cases soon. And I hope that the Court is a 5 or 6 vote pro-gun majority.

And I'm banking on that, because otherwise this nation is absolutely lost to the leftists who are spreading fast with their anti-gun nonsense. The trend is bad, granted.

So with that Here's two plausible scenarios, with an outcome that in 5 or 10 years the SCOTUS acts and repels these oppressive gun laws.

1. You stay in an oppressive antigun state and ignore XYZ law. At best you live under constant fear of arrest and conviction if you violate some stupid law. Worst, you are arrested and convicted and a felon and lose your rights, lots of money, your job, maybe your marriage, and years off your life. In 10 years, you'll still be a prohibited person convict.

2. Or you spend time and money and move to a solid pro-gun state. You enjoy your freedoms and life. Then say in 10 years when this all shakes out, you can stay in that state or return to WA.

And, really, the worst case scenario of moving is as follows.

3. You move to XYZ state with great gun laws. It's an expensive short term hassle. You buy yourself 5-10 years of excellent freedoms. If the whole place falls apart and SHTF, you're probably surrounded by more pro-gun people there, than in a leftist anti-gun state where people fled.

So, you're no "worse off" and you probably had another decade of enjoyment.

I am focusing on semi-auto rifles of the non-AR variety first, and then worry about AR rifles/pistols that can be built off of the receivers we already have, and maybe few more at a later time.

I'd like another AK, probably some sort of fixed stock variety.
Another 10/22 of some sort.
A Scorpion or Extar setup.

Need to make a plan for magazines, which means not only magazines for guns we already have, but for those we intended to purchase.

The thing that worries me the most is we don't have any sort of gun trust set up yet and really need to get that done.

Get an M1 Rifle (Garand). Semi-auto, .30-06 (or .308), 8 shot fixed mag., they're not on anybody's list, not even Feinstein's proposed new Federal assault weapon ban. In the appendix to her ban, the M1 Rifle is specifically exempted. Will still be subject to WA I-1639, of course. But you can use it here or take it to Idaho.

I am focusing on semi-auto rifles of the non-AR variety first, and then worry about AR rifles/pistols that can be built off of the receivers we already have, and maybe few more at a later time.

I'd like another AK, probably some sort of fixed stock variety.
Another 10/22 of some sort.
A Scorpion or Extar setup.

Need to make a plan for magazines, which means not only magazines for guns we already have, but for those we intended to purchase.

The thing that worries me the most is we don't have any sort of gun trust set up yet and really need to get that done.

I am going through the same thought process. Prioritizing like you are
  1. Semi-automatic rifles excluding AR15/LR-308 receiver rifles (I have several on hand and stripped receivers for more).
  2. Magazines for pistols I do not own yet. Like a 2011 and/or a Walter Q5 which I may or may not get before 7/1.
  3. Magazines for firearms I already own that I just want more of.

Thank you for reminding me to add a 10/22 to my list. I have the original one that my dad bought me as a kid I'll never get rid of, but I'd like to get another, maybe a take down and a few more mags.

I would also like to get another AK pattern gun, thinking Galil Ace.

Revocable living trusts are super cheap and easy to setup, just need to get it notarized.

I am going through the same thought process. Prioritizing like you are
  1. Semi-automatic rifles excluding AR15/LR-308 receiver rifles (I have several on hand and stripped receivers for more).
  2. Magazines for pistols I do not own yet. Like a 2011 and/or a Walter Q5 which I may or may not get before 7/1.
  3. Magazines for firearms I already own that I just want more of.

Thank you for reminding me to add a 10/22 to my list. I have the original one that my dad bought me as a kid I'll never get rid of, but I'd like to get another, maybe a take down and a few more mags.

I would also like to get another AK pattern gun, thinking Galil Ace.

Revocable living trusts are super cheap and easy to setup, just need to get it notarized.
Reference for revocable living trust that are cheep? thanks.

I have 2 presses, 2 sets of dies for every Caliber I reload, I have been stocking powders, Bullets, New cases, Primers for everything. I own 4 semi Auto Pistols, one revolver, I do not own any Semi-auto rifles. I also don't have any Claymores or Grenades for when SHTF.

If I had the money I'd buy a Tikka T3x TAC A1 with a great scope if I had anywhere to shoot it. If we had some bacon, we could have some bacon and eggs if we had some eggs.

Reference for revocable living trust that are cheep? thanks.

I was given one by the shop I bought my first suppressor from. If you wanted a standard Living trust you can get one from Legal Zoom for $250 I think.

if you specifically want a gun trust I think you can get one from GunTrust.com for like $50. I'm not a lawyer so take this all with a grain of salt, but if all you are looking to do is define who can use an NFA item I don't think you need anything elaborate.

Edit: If you think it's going to get challenged legally for some reason then I would definitely have a lawyer look at it. In my case, I'm an only child so when my parents go there's not going to be a contention (I am on my father's trust that has the NFA items as the only recipient) . My wife is on our trust and we don't have any kids yet so if something happens to me there's no change.

Dwesson, thanks for the reply. Sounds like somewhat similar situations. I need to get the will and trust thing done before year end, or sooner given the hot mess of legislation this year. My chief concern is that my wife doesn't need to deal with the stress of dispositioning and selling my firearms and related gear when I pass. Fortunately our adult son can do this for/with her when the time comes. They are of course welcome to whatever they want of my collection, but beyond that the guns and gear need to be sold so my wife can have the proceeds.

I am mostly interested in the trust to facilitate the purchase and use of suppressors. I'm hoping it can be set up such that our son can use the suppressors as well. I'll have to figure out how that works.

The trust that you got from gun shop, do you use that to purchase additional suppressors as well?

Dwesson, thanks for the reply. Sounds like somewhat similar situations. I need to get the will and trust thing done before year end, or sooner given the hot mess of legislation this year. My chief concern is that my wife doesn't need to deal with the stress of dispositioning and selling my firearms and related gear when I pass. Fortunately our adult son can do this for/with her when the time comes. They are of course welcome to whatever they want of my collection, but beyond that the guns and gear need to be sold so my wife can have the proceeds.

I am mostly interested in the trust to facilitate the purchase and use of suppressors. I'm hoping it can be set up such that our son can use the suppressors as well. I'll have to figure out how that works.

The trust that you got from gun shop, do you use that to purchase additional suppressors as well?

Yes I have used it for 4 suppressors myself and completed a couple form 1s with it (SBRs), my dad has used it separately to purchase a single suppressor.

I have not made any purchases post-41F change that requires all trustees to submit background information when adding/buying an NFA item to a trust.

Any future purchases will likely be made on a NEW trust using SilencerShop's Kiosk system for convenience sake. I'll provide some links below but essentially you can visit a kiosk and it will take digital fingerprints and pictures (even using an phone app for the pictures) and store them on file.

The advantage to this system is, if you wanted to buy a suppressor for example, you would do so online via silencershop's website, the first time everyone on the trust (the trust is created by them) would get sent a QR code and asked to go to their nearest Kiosk (even if it's out of state) to submit their fingerprints and photos. Once all the people on the trust have done that, they will submit the Form 4 to the ATF digitally for the item.

Any future purchases have all that stuff stored so it's easy to add new items to the trust without having to get new fingerprint cards and pictures for all the trustees again every time you want to buy something. This is the real benefit of the Kiosk system

Here are some good links to describe the SilencerShop Kiosk system. I am in no way affiliated withe them and haven't used it myself personally, but it sounds like a great thing so I can continue to buy items and not have to inconvenience my wife to get fingerprint cards and passport photos when I want to get new suppressors hah!

Here's a similar scenario that matches yours I think :

Buying A Silencer

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top