JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, if you have a way of acquiring a semi-automatic rifle after 7/1 without having to prove you've taken some bullbubblegum training class and got local LEO sign off, I'm all for it.

Unfortunately it's the gun shops that will enforce these laws, because you can be damned sure that the king county and snohomish country law enforcement will shut down the stores that don't comply.

Agreed. Not saying not to buy stuff. Go hog wild. I was referring to confiscation. Lowers are cheap right now. Palmetto had their STR stock lower for 159.99

Are those Palmetto complete lowers any good?

Short answer: yes in my opinion.

But to provide a better explanation, what makes them good/not good?

One thing that must be understood is there are only a handful of forgers that actually make the receivers and then put a roll mark on them for each subsequent company that sells them with their logo.

I'm tempted to go on a buying spree, using my credit cards. But so far, I've resisted that urge.

Instead, I'm gradually getting all the extras I think we'll want on our rifles. Scopes are on, and a muzzle brake is next on the list. Only a few more items, and I'll be ready to buy another gun.

Seriously thinking of getting a black-powder rifle. Looks like a blast.

Seriously thinking of getting a black-powder rifle. Looks like a blast.
Be careful or you could end up like this guy...:eek::D
DSC05463.jpg

DSC05716.jpg

P1120485.JPG

Id like to get into black powder, but laws wouldn't effect that, unless powder ends up needing a permit.
But I saw this crap coming a couple years ago, so long prepared for most laws they could throw at me.
Like to find another 10/22 I have several Marlins, but sold my 10/22 4 years ago, kinda regret it after I
dumped about 700 into it. Stupid, stupid, o_O

Short answer: yes in my opinion.

But to provide a better explanation, what makes them good/not good?

One thing that must be understood is there are only a handful of forgers that actually make the receivers and then put a roll mark on them for each subsequent company that sells them with their logo.

The forgers do not put on the roll marks and it is want happens (or doesn't happen) after the chunk of aluminum leaves the forger is what makes a difference.

Also, the small parts used them are often those rejected by Colt's, BCM's, etc QC process.

The forgers do not put on the roll marks and it is want happens (or doesn't happen) after the chunk of aluminum leaves the forger is what makes a difference.

Also, the small parts used them are often those rejected by Colt's, BCM's, etc QC process.

That's interesting. I have no desire or intention to get into a "one brand is better than another brand debate," however, it would be interesting to have any of the previously mentioned companies have their products measured in some way as to their 'quality' and longevity compared to others.

Which small parts are we talking about here? Springs and detents?

As long as the lower is "in spec" the rest is kind of irrelevant, whether it costs $40 or $200.

Anderson Arms lower is typically ~$40
Palmetto State lower is typically ~$50-60
Aero Precision lower is typically ~$70-80
Noveske is ~$170

There are literally tens of thousands of Anderson/PSA/Aero lowers out there that run just fine. Buy a decent Fire Control Group/Trigger and a CMMG parts kit and the lower is kind of irrelevant in my opinion.

Some firearms enthusiasts treat roll marks on their lowers like some women treat logos on their purses.

Now if Anderson or PSA are out of spec lowers, that's a different story..

I am probably going to pick up another 3-4 aeros

Which small parts are we talking about here? Springs and detents?

As long as the lower is "in spec" the rest is kind of irrelevant, whether it costs $40 or $200.

Anderson Arms lower is typically ~$40
Palmetto State lower is typically ~$50-60
Aero Precision lower is typically ~$70-80
Noveske is ~$170

There are literally tens of thousands of Anderson/PSA/Aero lowers out there that run just fine. Buy a decent Fire Control Group/Trigger and a CMMG parts kit and the lower is kind of irrelevant in my opinion.

Some firearms enthusiasts treat roll marks on their lowers like some women treat logos on their purses.

Now if Anderson or PSA are out of spec lowers, that's a different story..

I am probably going to pick up another 3-4 aeros

Pretty everything in LPK: FCG, springs, detents, takedown and pivot pins, bolt release, etc.
I'm not saying everything they put out is crap, I'm saying there is a higher probability they are crap and from what I've seen there plenty out there that do not run fine.

There would not be a market for this sort of thing if the issue didn't exist...
AR Platform Offset Buffer Retainer – CommonBullets

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads