JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm going to finish remodeling my house and prep for the move. As for guns and mags I lost all those to a tragic boating accident so there is nothing to see. I would like a beretta but with home repairs that might not happen.

I own over a hundred firearms. I know this might be a foreign concept, but I compete with firearms, I recreationally shoot some, I use others for home defense, some for personal defense, others I collect for their historical value or because I just flat out think they look cool.

Thanks for contributing to thread.

That's awesome! I bet you have a lot of really great guns with unique stories; and I'm a huge fan of competitive shooting. As a free American I believe you should be able to own whatever you want in any amount you want.

• I want to be very clear that I do not think anyone should have a limit on what or how much they own.
  • I do not believe anything should be banned. I'd like to see the repeal of the Firearm Act of 1934.

My statement was strictly concerning buying something you otherwise would not have purchased.

Example: If for whatever reason everybody stopped making Tavors tomorrow I wouldn't go out and buy one because I've never been interested in that firearm platform.

If you want to collect, shoot, hoard, have one of everything, then go have fun!

But if we're talking about a SHTF scenario then a person can only carry so much at one time. If things go south I'm not sticking around the Puget Sound area so owning a handful of lower receivers or random firearms that I'd have to either lug around or abandon doesn't make sense to me.

I'd rather have what I can carry. That's just me.

Safe Shooting.

That's awesome! I bet you have a lot of really great guns with unique stories; and I'm a huge fan of competitive shooting. As a free American I believe you should be able to own whatever you want in any amount you want.

• I want to be very clear that I do not think anyone should have a limit on what or how much they own.
  • I do not believe anything should be banned. I'd like to see the repeal of the Firearm Act of 1934.

My statement was strictly concerning buying something you otherwise would not have purchased.

Example: If for whatever reason everybody stopped making Tavors tomorrow I wouldn't go out and buy one because I've never been interested in that firearm platform.

If you want to collect, shoot, hoard, have one of everything, then go have fun!

But if we're talking about a SHTF scenario then a person can only carry so much at one time. If things go south I'm not sticking around the Puget Sound area so owning a handful of lower receivers or random firearms that I'd have to either lug around or abandon doesn't make sense to me.

I'd rather have what I can carry. That's just me.

Safe Shooting.

To be clear, I am talking about things that I otherwise would have bought eventually. Based on current passed legislation (I-1639 in WA and HB501) the firearms aren't banned but there's extraneous effort required to acquire them. In the case of a Semi-auto rifle, that includes training, LEO signoff (which I don't even know if I could get in my current area), an extra $25 tax etc.

In order to avoid this onerous legislation I need to advance my planned purchases. The same goes for HB501 (magazines > 15rd capacity ban from future purchases).

To be clear, I am talking about things that I otherwise would have bought eventually. Based on current passed legislation (I-1639 in WA and HB501) the firearms aren't banned but there's extraneous effort required to acquire them. In the case of a Semi-auto rifle, that includes training, LEO signoff (which I don't even know if I could get in my current area), an extra $25 tax etc.

In order to avoid this onerous legislation I need to advance my planned purchases. The same goes for HB501 (magazines > 15rd capacity ban from future purchases).

Totally Understandable. Planning out purchases in advance is smart. I'm a big fan of WWII history/memorabilia and have always wanted a Thompson (the neutered semi-auto since I'm never dropping $20K on the real thing). If I knew in a year they would no longer be available I'd probably shake out the couch for pennies and just buy one now. However if someone said I couldn't buy a Mosin I wouldn't be too heartbroken haha.

55 gallon drum of .224" 55gr fmj
55 gallon drum of .762" 147gr fmj
80 pounds of H335
100 pounds of R15
5000 CCI 450
5000 CCI 200
and a box of 9mm

Last Edited:
I'm buying time... and financial freedom... I figure if I get enough of that I can buy my way out of whatever comes next.

Might get a fud gun for my birthday, just so I can feel like a cowboy.

Since election: son and son-in-law on gun trust; two additional Aero AR-10 lowers; more 25-round .308 mags; increased ammo and reloading supplies.

I thought that stupid ammo limit thing in Oregon was defeated?
In my mind I have all I need and don't shoot half I have . When the government wraps their heads around drying up ammo whatever gun that's on whatever list is moot unless it doubles as a good club.... then they get to push you around . If a guy is scrambling for a fighting gun on a list in 2019 then damn , we landed a guy on the moon ! Lol . But yeah I think that ammo thing didn't fly far in OR.However all night m interested in is the ammo components.

As always...
Buy what you want....what you have a use for...
If you want a AR15...then get one...If its a flintlock , then buy that.
I would suggest that one stocks up on ammo , magazines ( if needed ) and spare parts....
Andy

Was about to order one of those Extar 9mm subguns, but they are out of stock. Will likely order one when back in stock. Did order the 33-round Glocks mags for it, though.

Reloading supplies ..... lots and lots of reloading supplies.

Started buying either primers or powder, or both every paycheck for the past couple of months. Trying to stock up before the next panic/shortage hits in 2020.

"Panic buying" is bad for all of us (one of many examples here). Remember how .22LR used to be "rare" and can only be purchased in limited quantities? Even today some folks treat them as gold. Yet, the sky didn't fall and our ammo costs are still higher than before the craze. It's highly unlikely you'll ever NEED what you're stocking up on, so just go about your business as usual. Chances are if you're worried about the apocalypse, you're already better stocked than 99% of your neighbors.

Besides, guns ain't gonna fix the biggest problems we'll ever likely confront.

endoftheworldforecast001.PNG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads