JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey Trlsmn: why don't we go back and forth in this thread?

Here's my opener:

Tonight we served up a very lovely dinner.

Carne Asada cooked on grill with pineapple teriyaki sauce:
SANY1758.JPG

Some beef chuck boneless with a nice rub:
SANY1759.JPG

Cooked some veggies in my cast iron skillet on the side burner of the grill with some butter and seasonings:
SANY1762.JPG
SANY1761.JPG

Simple white rice to compliment the rest of the meal, not too fancy not too plain.. just right.
Final product: (I decided to have chuck instead of the asada.. my wife loves the asada with the teriyaki sauce)
SANY1764.JPG
The famous blackberry in the shot.. does that make me addicted?

Looks great! I love Carne Asada myself and even picked up a couple packages at Winco last week. Let me make a recommendation, buy some of the "Weber smokey mesquite seasoning packets" at Winco. Try them once and I guarantee you will buy them again! I use them to marinate the Carne Asada.

I'll take a look for them next time I'm up there.

nom nom nom nom...

Wabbit today for a brunch:

SANY1835.JPG

two fryers. 90 mins @ 350*

Marinated for 24 hours in a mix of:
Salt,
Pepper
Garlic
Onion soup mix
and a mix of some others that I cannot give out.

Turned out very well.

SANY1836.JPG

Ironic thread title eh?

My 11 year old chowed down.
My 4 year old chowed down (granted my wife told him it was chicken) he wouldn't eat it when I said I made rabbit.
Even my wife tried a piece but she gave me that look.....

Make sure you guys post up how you made it, be good to know so some of us can try. The carne asada with pineapple stuff is interesting. We usually use the carne asada seasoning over in the produce section at Winco. Its the closests to the real thing we have found.

Make sure you guys post up how you made it, be good to know so some of us can try. The carne asada with pineapple stuff is interesting. We usually use the carne asada seasoning over in the produce section at Winco. Its the closests to the real thing we have found.

For the asada:
cooked slowly in the grill, when one side is done it's slathered in some .. I think it's Kikkoman Pineapple/Honey glaze (it's in a yellow glass bottle)

Naw man, I didn't want any seasonings to offset the sweetness of the glaze.

Not quite as elaborate as some of my meals but..

View attachment 203439

Hungry yet?

Tonight's dinner consisted of two options: teryaki sirloin or teryaki chicken...
with some nicely cooked veggies all over some sticky rice...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top