JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
KATU is now a PR firm for the anti rights crazies.

The latest "victim" of gun violence in Portland.

The poor soul was just trying to force his way into an apartment armed with a handgun and fired a shot before being shot and killed by a resident of the apartment.

I think IP18 might make restrict poly frames and receivers illegal in Oregon:

(k) Any semiautomatic assault firearm that:
(A) Is not as detectable as 3.7 ounces of 17-4 PH of stainless steel, or as the security exemplar defined in 18 USC 922(p), by
a walk-through metal detector or magnetometer after all parts other than major components have been removed; or
(B) That includes a major component that, if the firearm were subjected to inspection by the types of X-ray machines or
detection devices commonly used at airports for security screening, would not generate an image that accurately depicts
the shape of the component.
I believe that is just codifying at a state level version of the Undetectable Firearms Act of 1988. It has very similar language.

This could very well be coming to Oregon and we will no doubt copy what CA comes up with. The best part is California's own tax dollars will be used to draft up the language. Thanks Newsom.

This will put heavy pressure on SCOTUS to rule against the TX law.

I want to thank @308 , @s1xty7 and @Andy54Hawken for motivating me to try something new. I have been interacting with the antis for a few days now and I think they are going to be acceptive of me. This feels like a much better method of raising awareness regarding their future efforts to restrict firearms. It's been entertaining anyways.

P.S. did you know the angry moms collected feminine products for women in need? May you pro2a people can come up with a do gooder campaign to earn some positive street cred with Oregon folks.

@arakboss

I wish you luck in your conversations with "antis".

Patience...
Not overwhelming them with technical language...
Understand that you will need to repeat what information you give...
Not getting wrapped up in their faulty preconceived notions....
Understand that their perception , may be stronger than any fact or figure you present....

All of the above have helped me , when having a discussion with a '"anti".

Also worth remembering is
If you are not part of their social group....what you say and do , may not make a lasting impression or much of a impact.
And...
In the words of Strother Martin :
"Some men you just can't reach"....
Ain't no use in wasting your time with them..Learn to disengage and avoid these kinds of people.
Andy

@arakboss

I wish you luck in your conversations with "antis".

Patience...
Not overwhelming them with technical language...
Understand that you will need to repeat what information you give...
Not getting wrapped up in their faulty preconceived notions....
Understand that their perception , may be stronger than any fact or figure you present....

All of the above have helped me , when having a discussion with a '"anti".

Also worth remembering is
If you are not part of their social group....what you say and do , may not make a lasting impression or much of a impact.
And...
In the words of Strother Martin :
"Some men you just can't reach"....
Ain't no use in wasting your time with them..Learn to disengage and avoid these kinds of people.
Andy
Thanks for the advice, I am not going to waste my time trying to convince them that their position is wrong. I plan on blending in so well, that a person will have trouble distinguishing me from Shannon Watts, except for the fact that I am fat, balding, male and better looking than her.

My goal is to motivate the pro2A folks to get their arses in gear. Don't ask how me blending in with the antis is going to accomplish that, I am still working on that part. I know droning on about the antis latest efforts here doesn't work. A new song on the jukebox is needed to shake things up.

Hopefully one day we will wake up to what all they have in store for us and how prepared they are to make it happen.

ord-Photography.-www.chrislangfordphotography.com_.jpg

Last Edited:
The 2A was a safeguard against Tryrannical Government not so you could keep ten Tacticool ar's in a safe or
a wall display of 65 revolvers as a backdrop for your youtube rant videos.

We will never exercise the REAL 2A
sadly :( or we would have already done it.

We already gave up this right in exchange for safety.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top