JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Besides the potential votes on LEVO's IP17 & IP18, what other proposed firearm related restrictions do you think we will be dealing with in the next year, two or three in Oregon?

I think a lot of Oregonians are not fully up to speed on the latest gun storage law (including myself).

Not directed at OP at all, but I've been on Firearms related forums since somewhere around 1998 or 1999? and this topic along with dot gov overreach is a constant issue with similar commentary on both sides of the equation…it never ends…it is the same tune with a different singer. The one thing I NEVER hear/read from the pro2A side is a UNIFIED voice telling the opposition to pound sand up their sphincter and then simply FOAD

At some point we the people need to put them ALL on the ignore list and do as we see fit as it has been from the beginning of time. There will always be some unflushable turd trying to convince the majority that they have a higher moral authority over the lives and property of others, and they appear empowered by those who are sheep-like…always looking for a worldly shepherd to tell them what to do. Baaaa…

Not directed at OP at all, but I've been on Firearms related forums since somewhere around 1998 or 1999? and this topic along with dot gov overreach is a constant issue with similar commentary on both sides of the equation…it never ends…it is the same tune with a different singer. The one thing I NEVER hear/read from the pro2A side is a UNIFIED voice telling the opposition to pound sand up their sphincter and then simply FOAD

At some point we the people need to put them ALL on the ignore list and do as we see fit as it has been from the beginning of time. There will always be some unflushable turd trying to convince the majority that they have a higher moral authority over the lives and property of others, and they appear empowered by those who are sheep-like…always looking for a worldly shepherd to tell them what to do. Baaaa…
I would be in the big house for a long time if I told them to pound sand and went my merry way every time I didn't like a law the voters passed or legislators created.

I would be in the big house for a long time if I told them to pound sand and went my merry way every time I didn't like a law the voters passed or legislators created.
How so? I'm not speaking of blatantly breaking NFA restrictions and flaunting a suppressed F/A at the range. So how would you end up in the big house…is that fake pastor going to come visit you?

Genny Burdick basically throws a bunch of bubblegum at the wall every year because she's bought by Bloomberg. However, I believe 2022 is a short session so they only have like 45 days to pass a bunch of stuff? I think we'll be safe for next year unless they make gun control a priority.

this topic along with dot gov overreach is a constant issue with similar commentary on both sides of the equation…it never ends…it is the same tune with a different singer.
So very true.
Law after law , regulations upon regulations , bans and more bans , restrictions piled on top of more restrictions , are always just "waiting in the wings" so to speak , for the right moment to be unleashed.

Its time to put a new quarter in the jukebox and change that record.....
Andy

How so? I'm not speaking of blatantly breaking NFA restrictions and flaunting a suppressed F/A at the range. So how would you end up in the big house…is that fake pastor going to come visit you?
I guess you're right. The cops are all preoccupied anyways. I have a pretty extensive list of BS laws I have been itching to ignore. And I have been wanting a vanity plate too. I'm thinking about "LBSAND"

If I obey the gubmint's unconstitutional over-reach of my RKBA, the 98lb tweaker that breaks into my home will kill us both while I am F'ing with some lock designed to slow me down from defending myself.

I will be dead, but with a clean record.

If I obey the gubmint's unconstitutional over-reach of my RKBA, the 98lb tweaker that breaks into my home will kill us both while I am F'ing with some lock designed to slow me down from defending myself.

I will be dead, but with a clean record.
Hopefully the tweaker will sell your stolen guns to someone else who practices safe storage as well, thus perpetuating the circle of life.

It's like the continual stream of emails and physical letters I get from FPC, 2AF, GOA, NRA, etc that always say Bloomberg/Soros/Biden/Obama/Pelosi/whoever is after us and the only way to stop them is for me to throw more money at the situation. This despite my annual contributions. FPC is one of the most insistent (we need 10 more patriots to step up and YOUR name came up in a meeting as someone we can depend on) and it really makes the whole thing feel like a profit center. It all reminds me of the boy who cried wolf and it feels like nothing ever changes.

It's like the continual stream of emails and physical letters I get from FPC, 2AF, GOA, NRA, etc that always say Bloomberg/Soros/Biden/Obama/Pelosi/whoever is after us and the only way to stop them is for me to throw more money at the situation. This despite my annual contributions. FPC is one of the most insistent (we need 10 more patriots to step up and YOUR name came up in a meeting as someone we can depend on) and it really makes the whole thing feel like a profit center. It all reminds me of the boy who cried wolf and it feels like nothing ever changes.
I am guessing gunowners in California felt the same way. But one day they woke up and there was a change. Then they woke up to another change and the beat goes on. Now look were they are. If the boy was crying wolf and no firearm restrictions ever came about, then I would understand the frustration of hearing about it.

I remember a time when private parties could handle a transfer without a background check. I remember a time when we didn't have a red flag law or lock up law. And come November 2022 I might be remembering a time when semi-autos and 10+ mags weren't banned/restricted and I didn't have to take a class and wait months for a $65 permit to buy a gun.

There is a feature that allows a member to ignore members and entire sections of the forum including the legislation and activism section. It won't hurt my feelings if some of you want to use that feature.

Last Edited:
So very true.
Law after law , regulations upon regulations , bans and more bans , restrictions piled on top of more restrictions , are always just "waiting in the wings" so to speak , for the right moment to be unleashed.

Its time to put a new quarter in the jukebox and change that record.....
Andy
If there is recent thread on this topic, I would be happy if you wanted to merge mine with it.

I am guessing gunowners in California felt the same way. But one day they woke up and there was a change. Then they woke up to another change and the beat goes on. Now look were they are. If the boy was crying wolf and no firearm restrictions ever came about, then I would understand the frustration of hearing about it.
This is absolutely correct. I was living in California until 1994 -- we had the pesky DOJ fee ($14) and the extra form to fill out, plus the waiting period, but otherwise, life was good -- a vibrant gun culture in SoCal, plenty of places to shoot, ARs were readily available, as were standard capacity magazines, etc., etc...

Now, mag capacity restrictions, heinous restrictions on semi-auto long guns, no availability of what is common up here, ranges shutting down, shooting on public land a distant memory, a "roster" of approved production guns for retail sale AND look at what you have to do (and spend) to buy ammo in California now!

So how do we respond? We complain about getting spammed by the few groups that are still fighting for our rights.

Yeah, just keep thinking that WA and OR legislators have bigger fish to fry than new gun control legislation. The fact that it's getting introduced every single friggin' new session should be what we in my business call "a clue."

I apologize for my poor attitude. I just get weary of having to defend that which should not need defending. It's only enshrined in our Bill Of Rights as the 2nd thing on the list. The organizations that ask for funds are the ones keeping up the good fight. There really are constant threats to the second amendment and while I can't personally fight them all, the least I can do is contribute and write my legislators. It just feels like there is no political power in this state that would listen to even the loudest, most organized voice.

More to the topic at hand, I have not heard of any of the new plans for gun control, but I'm sure the legislature will look to our neighbors to the North and South for inspiration. The big ones are always magazine capacity and "assault weapons", but ammo purchase limits and gun purchase permits seem like they would be more likely to happen first. They may not be able to ban standard capacity magazines and "assault weapons", but they'll do their best to make them difficult to procure and feed.

The Oregonian has been priming the pump all year with daily "a firearm killed" stores. Even on weeks with no shootings they dig up a story from the past just to keep the "guns bad" narrative fresh in the minds of their readers.

The Oregon sheep will be so scarred by November 2022 that they will vote for whatever "solution" is on the ballot.

Nationally there is HR 3088 the Untraceable Firearms Act of 2021.

The Oregonian has been priming the pump all year with daily "a firearm killed" stores. Even on weeks with no shootings they dig up a story from the past just to keep the "guns bad" narrative fresh in the minds of their readers.

The Oregon sheep will be so scarred by November 2022 that they will vote for whatever "solution" is on the ballot.

Nationally there is HR 3088 the Untraceable Firearms Act of 2021.

I think IP18 might make restrict poly frames and receivers illegal in Oregon:

(k) Any semiautomatic assault firearm that:
(A) Is not as detectable as 3.7 ounces of 17-4 PH of stainless steel, or as the security exemplar defined in 18 USC 922(p), by
a walk-through metal detector or magnetometer after all parts other than major components have been removed; or
(B) That includes a major component that, if the firearm were subjected to inspection by the types of X-ray machines or
detection devices commonly used at airports for security screening, would not generate an image that accurately depicts
the shape of the component.

That is one bad dude of a bill. Let's hope a more gun friendly House and Senate comes through in 2022.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top