JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So as I'm seeing, Brandons big move to eliminate "ghost guns" seems to be falling on it's face? 80% receivers are still shipping legally without SN's and 80% frames are still selling and shipping legally, just without the jigs and tools included? I'm also noticing open source 3D printing files for frame jigs popping up all over... and perfectly legal to download and print.

So.... you have to acquire the frame and jig seperately is the only accomplishment Brandon can claim... otherwise business as usual?

This came out today, but it's only one source that I've seen so far to kind of confirm what seems to be going on.

So what is the injunction for tactical machining accomplishing? So they can sell frames and jigs as a package deal again?

It was always "feel good" politics to show "they are doing something". "Ghost gun" was always an inflammatory phrase to identify "yet another evil"

It was always "feel good" politics to show "they are doing something". "Ghost gun" was always an inflammatory phrase to identify "yet another evil"
I agree, but it looks like all the scare about now requiring an FFL to buy serialized 80%'s has gone up in smoke. Other than seperating frames and jigs into seperate purchase items it would appear nothing else was accomplished.

Brandon interruptus...... wah-wah-waaah!🤣

Last Edited:

Looks like the only thing that's changed is, yes they cannot be sold together as a 'kit' and also the definitions of what is or isn't an incomplete receiver has been updated to identify a receiver as partially milled or indexed for milling. More or less, sounds like business as usual.

the scare about now requiring an FFL to buy serialized 80%'s has gone up in smoke.
"While the rule mandates that FFLs with a privately made firearm on the shelf must now add a serial number"

I should say/ask.....
What has CHANGED in America?

Like.....
The Govt is doing everything it can......
To make "experimenters and innovators" into criminals.
Yeah....more regulations, collecting fees, more stuff (objects) made ILLEGAL, etc...."Just because".

Meanwhile.......
The Ponzi scheme of Crypto is continuing. And REAL BANKS might just/will soon be falling for it too (with the government's approval).

YEAH, Yeah, yeah.......one problem at a time. Rrrrrrright.......

Aloha, Mark

PS......imagine a world where JMB or "Carbine Williams" weren't allowed to experiment?

What if you buy an 80% receiver online with somebody else's credit card, does that constitute a straw purchase?
Only if it's been serialized and required to go through an ffl, and even then, I don't think that would be straw because you'd have to transfer it at the ffl to the intended owner

What if you buy an 80% receiver online with somebody else's credit card, does that constitute a straw purchase?
I don't believe so. It's not a firearm so I don't think you can be charged with a straw purchase for a hunk of plastic or aluminum. You "may" get in trouble is you are not an authorized user on the other persons CC though. ;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top