JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As the title says. What rifle would you think is better for doomsday preparation? Could be for anything. World war 3, Zombies, Food shortage, Ect.. Ect.. Please list rifle name and Mods if any done to rifle. THANKS! happy Debating!

When in doubt, get both. And 1000000 rounds for each, but no magazines! Single load each round, then you won't have to worry about mag failures. Don't worry about food, shelter, or water. You'll have so many bullets, people will just be giving you things, if not you'll single shot them.
-_____- : sarcasm:

As important as food, water, and shelter are, you're going to need a way to defend yourself and your property.
My vote goes to the AK. It's more reliable than AR, more penetration, and it's "accurate enough."
Ammo is much cheaper to stockpile than 5.56 or .223.

As important as food, water, and shelter are, you're going to need a way to defend yourself and your property.
My vote goes to the AK. It's more reliable than AR, more penetration, and it's "accurate enough."
Ammo is much cheaper to stockpile than 5.56 or .223.

Lies. What's wrong with 223?

Everything has its advantages and disadvantages (both real and fictional). You need to read up on each and see which one fits YOUR needs. Ask a question like this and you will get tons of different answers. If there was a single right answer then there would only be one gun being sold

I could argue and convince you either one was better then the other along with many others, there is no right answer.

Lies. What's wrong with 223?

Wellll...the coned profile of the Soviet round makes for easier extraction in a pitted chamber than a straight-walled case. In a scenario where daily cleaning isn't a option, this might be the difference between a functioning and non-functioning rifle.

I second the vote for a 10-22.

Keith

I've owned both AK and AR platform rifles and would be happy to have either, come some Mad Max, SHTF civilization ending event.

However, the truth is that AK's are not as unstoppable as many claim and the AR is not as delicate as it's detractors would have you believe. I seem to remember that one of the A-Holes who shot LA up years ago dumped his full auto AK due to it jamming and him being unable to get it back into battery. You don't read that little tidbit too often.

For me it's a Colt 6920 in hand when the aliens drop in to pick up some cheap labor. If we end up fighting back to back and you brought an AK, I promise not to turn my nose up at you. ;-)

If we're headed into a SHTF type situation I would want a weapon that is fed non-corrosive ammo. Second consideration would be is the rifle for defense or food harvesting. If it is for food, then I would pic a 22 cal of some sort, as most of the animals that one would hunt would be small. If defense then I would feel perfectly fine with an AK (or maybe a FAL or HK91 if I needed something bigger)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top