JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Gentlemen,

I am looking for personal experience feedback if possible.

I have sorted through all of the posts I can find, been researching online, and the best I can come up with is KKM and Lone Wolf barrels. I am leaning towards KKM because I have heard that LW sometimes make their chambers too tight and this can lead to malfunctions. Since the 10mm I will be testing and carrying (Buffalo Bore 220 grain Hard Cast) is almost a buck a trigger pull and I am not that gunsmithey enough to identify minor indicators of a mismatched barrel, I'd like to have something that works well right out of the box.

If any of you can chime in with specific examples, and I'm going to get picky here: shooting 10mm Buffalo Bore Hard Cast from a KKM or Lone Wolf, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you very much my friends!

Check out Hickok45's utoob.. he did some shooting with that same ammo out of a factory barrel and it tumbled and with his after market barrel (I forget which one), it shot plenty straight.. there were no malfunctions as I recall.

Lone wolf extended. Is the one I got.

I only fired off 5 rounds of the BB 220 grainers to test. They all went on the same steel target from 15'.

OK I have 2 lone wolf barrels and slides on my 2 g20s.
I bought 2 boxes of 10mm Buffalo bore.
1 box total worked in my barrels. I took the barrels out and tried the BB rounds. 50%
Now I emailed BB about this and it seemed as if he was whining about me questioning his ammo,even though some of the rounds were as bad as I load them,lol. Projectile sticking out the side,bulging the case.
He said the LW chambers were too tight,WAAAAH and that he had heard problems in the past.
I said ,'well I would think most shooting your ammo would be doing so out of an aftermarket barrel'
He whined again.
Now I'm saying this because he truly seemed buthurt about me even questioning his ammo. I just asked why it wouldn't work. I was polite in my first email.

But the way the bullets were showing outside the case,I'm inclined to believe Buffalo Bore has poor quality control and I won't ever buy their products again.
I can load ammo better than they did and I'm not anywhere near a professional.

I would definetly shop for a different brand ,then try to fit it to the chamber of the barrel you buy.

Just my experience.

I've been pretty happy with lone wolf. I have both there barrels on my g17 and g22. They are reasonably priced and has good customer service. Good luck

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

I have a 6"kkm, & a factory length Lone Wolf barrel for my G20
I have a 10mm kkm conversion barrel, & a factory length Lone Wolf barrel for my G30
I have a factory length 45acp Lone Wolf barrel on a G21 slide I put on the G20 frame sometimes....
They all shoot better than my ability.
Feeding problems/jams, are invariably traced back to a fault in my reloading technique.
Factory cartridges run good from all of them.
None of these barrels needed any fitting, or returns.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top