JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was wondering what a Remington 742 30.06 was worth.

This is a semiauto, rails are clean not worn, has very low serial number old custom stock.
Has two extra mags and a low round count.

Thanks

I'll give you a hundred bucks for it. :p:D

GB shows one at $355 right now with a scope, appears to be in like new condition.

Isn't one I use very often but is fun to shoot, never acquired a M1 Garand, so there is this, but she is a fun an a accurate shooter. Being it probably not worth selling it sounds like i'll just hang on to her. + on the pad came with the custom stock no recoil really nice to pop off 5 rounds of 30.06 at a target though something about an older rifle and that nice power behind it ...:D.

For whatever reason, they don't seem to be bringing the money they might (should) but they're nice rifles.
I do know on some of the 740- 742 on what I read can get worn rails from over use, they were intended
for hunting but due to their semi-auto nature and external mags they were used more then expected
so that may be and issue that was fixed in later models. They say a good amount of lube not oil on the rails
helps keep wear down I put grizzly on it and cycles fine.

They are not exactly a COLD weather Firearm because the grease can get too cold and cause malfunctioning. BUT, they are a close to the M-14 when in .308. They make a very nice Long Gun in a Police Vehicle. :):):)

They are not exactly a COLD weather Firearm because the grease can get too cold and cause malfunctioning. BUT, they are a close to the M-14 when in .308. They make a very nice Long Gun in a Police Vehicle. :):):)
Down our way I don't see them very often not in gun stores, pawnshops or AL, was why I picked it up a few years ago
traded a 22LR pistol for it so I knew i did good but ended up liking it after shooting has not failed yet.