Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

What's a mint 1942 Luger worth?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by ramjet, Mar 30, 2009.

1. ramjet

ramjet Oregon New Member

What's a mint 1942 German Luger worth? It includes the holster.

2. asiparks

asiparks PDX Active Member

Not nearly enough info....is it "mint" because it's refinished/reblued, do all the numbers match, import marks etc....need pics of gun and of all markings, stamps etc.

You should post over on Luger Forums. The guys ( and gals) over there are really knowledgeable

3. kirkcdl

kirkcdl Roseburg,ORYGUN Member

You might also ask this on Gunboards.com,that's a collectors board,lots of knowledge there...

4. tac

tac UK, Oregon and Ontario. Well-Known Member

Most of the folks on gunboards are also on lugerforum.com - THAT's the place to ask.

tac, formerly of www.lugerforum.com

5. A2theK

A2theK Olympia Member

I'll give you 1,000 for it to my FFL

6. Keane

Keane Hillsboro, OR Active Member

A2-
    That is the second time you have made mention to wanting a Luger...

FYI- There is one for sale/trade in the classifieds here :)

7. Margana

Margana Portland, Oregon Member

I'm suspicious this may have been refinished-in whch case the value will will be quite a bit less than an "authentic" Luger. If this is a 67 year old pistol, you will expect some wear on the gun. If it were truly "mint" that is to say, purchased back in 1942 an put in a box for the last 67 years with no corrosion, no wear, then you could name your price (?$5000, $10,000?). If it's been refinished, and all parts match, then it might be in the $600 range.

Other conditions will raise the value-if the magazine is original (it will bear the same serial number as the pistol) . The price goes up. If it comes with the original G.I. bring back paperwork (In WW2, you could bring back a trophy such as a pistol, but you were supposed to fill out paperwork-if the paperwork survived, you could well add hundreds of $ to the price)

8. A2theK

A2theK Olympia Member

Thanks Keane I'll check it out. I sold one a few months ago and I'd like another