JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This question is almost as fun as AR vs AK. There are lots of different options, colors, sizes, shapes, intended uses, and designs out there. I would recommend hitting up a Gun Show and try on as many as you can find there.

Me personally, it depends on what I intend to do with them. If one is using it for paint ball or air soft, you don't want to spend a lot but I want useful and perhaps match your camo pattern.. If I'm using them as a utility vest when your spending a long day on the range I want lots of pockets and easy on your neck. If I'm wearing actual body armor I have to worry about serious strength and load distribution.

You can easily spend hundreds if not thousands on tactical vests, pockets, and pouches. So do yourself a favor and go to a gun show or military surplus store and try them on before you buy. It will give you an idea of what you like and what you want. Then once you purchase, wear it for a bit with your load in it. It is amazing how different something feels when you have been wearing it for 4 or 5 hours running through the woods. If you don't like it, sell it and try again.

M

If you want cheep look at places like Spec-op, Condor, Voodoo

Middle of the road would be places like Blackhawk, 5.11

High end would be places like Tactical Tailor, Eagle, London Bridge

While all the pieces look similar if you actually compare them you will see the difference. I have a bag from a midrange company because of the 50% though my department. I met a guy with the same bag from a high end maker and if I was going into harms way I would go high end. With that said the midrange bag has never failed me and has seen some decent use.

I just stepped up my game this year and am trying my hand at making my own gear.

Awesome Nwcid! Please let us know how making your own goes!! Thats one of the many ideas thats been rattling around in the back of my head for a while now, havent pursued it yet tho. . .

I'm looking for a vest where I can load up with AR mags and 4-5 handgun mags. It is so confusing how what type of vest, type of pouches, how to attach, etc.... Would like to have the vest just in case SHTF.

<broken link removed> call and talk to Clay!.:s0155: He is a local guy doing very nice, unique stuff. He attends gunshows so you can put your hands on his gear and he will make anything you need!!!.......buy local.........

Just be sure it's big enough for you. I want mine on the outside of body armor and even a light jacket. I put all of that on to go shopping mil surp, and found a vest I really like. It wound up being 3 sizes bigger than my normal jackets.

I wanted: Built in AR mag pockets and pistol mag pockets with velcro flaps, and a built in pistol pocket across the chest. Extra pockets for flashlight and other "stuff."

I got a really nice camo mil-surp for $100. Again, buy once. Don't buy junk.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top