Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

What's a good red dot for an AK?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by ImaRepTexas77, Feb 15, 2011.

1. ImaRepTexas77

ImaRepTexas77 Llano, Texas New Member

i bought a bushnell trophy red dot a few months back but within a few hundred rounds the lens fell off. Any one know of a better brand with a similar price tag?

2. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

I have one of these on a FN 12 GA auto shotgun and it's done just fine with 500 full power shells. I don't know how it would do in drop tests.. I will eventually replace it with an Eotech, but that holo will be stowed in the hard case as a backup

Target Sports Micro Panoramic Reflex Sight 2-COLOR RETICLE New

cdnn_2141_11928549.gif

3. SheepDog223

SheepDog223 Salem Well-Known Member

AK's are flat out HARD on optics. My rule... Don't spend less than $200 on an AK optic. Get a life time replacement warrenty. There are some cheap ($250) EOTechs out there that have been used hard. I got one and that would have to be my recomendation. Get a used EOTech. Waterproof to 10 or so feet minimum.

Another reason to buy a good optic. It's cheaper. You wont have buyers remorse and you wont have to replace it ten times.

I've had my Nikon Monarch on the past few AK's I've owned and it's worked well with almost a co witness. I recently replaced it with an EOTech and expect the same or better.

4. Dieselfuel12v

Dieselfuel12v Bellingham Member

5. Benny503

Benny503 Grants Pass Well-Known Member

Contact Bushnell they will replace your for free.

6. supergenius

supergenius 206 Active Member

Have one of those on my ak and it workls well.

7. Wenis

Wenis Tri-Cities, WA Member

I would discourage the Eotechs on an AK platform. The AKs can heat up quite a bit which can damage your optic. My suggestion is to go with something raised up off the rails or cheap that you might not mind replacing.