JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been trying to sell my Ruger GP100. For some time. Listed a few times over the past year or so.

So I'm wondering if I'm charging too much, or something else is wrong with my listing. Started out with a price that I found others sold for, but no bites. Lowered the price by quite a bit. No bites. Added ammo and matched holster. Nada.

Any advice?
Thanks in advance!

Frank in Hillsboro

pearlGP100grips2018a.JPG

I bought one for $450 I think was what I paid for it.

I think the longer barrel models are more desirable so they could bring in a better price.

Your price is fair I feel.

If you are looking to sell faster, keep etching away at your price.

$300 sounds like a fair price. Kidding of course. Yours seems like a fair price. I sometimes wonder if the "rare" versions aren't a little harder to move because some folks think it doesn't "look like a ____". Continual price reductions might cause a fella to wonder how low can ya go. Just my opinions of course and your mileage may vary. Rather than lower the price you might drop the "firm", could interest those that like to dicker. Great looking revolver, good luck with the sale.

Seems like a fair price to me as well.

Firearms are a tough sell at various times and places...what is a hot seller in one location , will just sit at another spot.
Also "Gun Guys" can be a fickle lot ....and may go from gun lust to gun disdain in wink of Dillon Blue Press Model's eye.....:D
Andy

I dislike the half lug personally.

One sold yesterday for $380 with 3 boxes of Ammo, holster and two speed loaders.

It's a buyer's market.

Sell it cheap if you want the cash or leave it and be good with waiting possibly 6-8 months.

You might try relisting it without .38 SPECIAL in the heading. Some people might see the half lug barrel and .38 SPECIAL and presume it is a .38 SPECIAL only GP-100. I myself had to read it twice to confirm it was a .357. Just a suggestion. Also, it being in Oregon, the more sophisticated buyers north of the border are out of luck for a smooth simple purchase. And the Oregonians lack the sophistication to appreciate the utility of the half lug barrel. ;)
I consider it a "super Security Six", that probably has superior handling properties compared to my full lug version.
(Meant to post this here, not on your F/S thread. Sorry.)

That's really not a bad price and some guys really like that Speed-Six style barrel. So the question remains why on earth do all your pictures not show the whole freaking gun so that these people can see the actual proportionality of the gun which makes it so desirable to some? And that's an awesome holster.. too bad it's pictured 6 posts down from the main body of the ad. It should be pictured next to the gun in my mind.
anyhoos

That's really not a bad price and some guys really like that Speed-Six style barrel. So the question remains why on earth do all your pictures not show the whole freaking gun so that these people can see the actual proportionality of the gun which makes it so desirable to some? And that's an awesome holster.. too bad it's pictured 6 posts down from the main body of the ad. It should be pictured next to the gun in my mind.
anyhoos

Thanks for your input. Not sure we're seeing the same thing. I have a picture of the whole gun in the listing. As well as a few close-ups.

I admit to assuming that most folks are familiar with the GP100, or can Google/YouTube for much more info than I can provide.

A link to the holster is provided, to show it in all it's glory and more details about it. I didn't figure a holster as much of a selling point as it is a "bonus" for the buyer, if they're even interested in carrying that way.

Same with the ammo that's included, worth about another $100 retail, but I didn't think it necessary to photograph a stack of boxes.

I will take some new pics if I list it again. Perhaps with the holster and ammo, just to cover the bases.

I don't think I can go any lower on the price tho', it's certainly worth what I'm asking, and I won't be able to buy what I really want if I do. Perhaps I should pull the ammo, holster, "pearl" inserts, and sell them separately. Then lower the asking price on the revolver. Which, IMO and others, is worth the asking price even without the extras.

Thanks again for y'all's input.

All my best,

Frank in Hillsboro

Looks a lot like the first image posted sir.... maybe I'm confused.

432970-0c2fb1275f800443631c4d09a50be259.jpg

Then another in a post down the line, mostly to show the fit in the safe...

Your price is most excellent for everything you're including, and the revolver is quite nice.

I looked at your listing earlier and I'da been inclined to go for it, if not for two things.

I just purchased a NIB SS 4", full-lugged GP100 (my preferred configuration) from one of our outstanding supporting vendors ( @LuckySG ).

I already have a 6" S&W Highway Patrolman (they're half lugged), so it'd be almost like buying the same thing that I already have. (Ruger vs S&W snobbery aside)

Hang in there, it's a fine weapon and accessories package you have listed that's priced nicely. It's all about the right huckleberry coming along at the right moment who has the disposable funds. Someone, somewhere is out there that can't live without it... be patient!

:s0155:

Very nice gun and obviously well kept.

My suggestion would be to keep your add short and to the point. Keep the words together then put pictures together instead of splitting up. Also I really don't consider it "rare" because it's half lug. It's less desireable. I also agree to remove the .38 spl in the add. It's a .357 mag and they pretty much all shoot .38 spl.

My biggest reasons for not wanting it:
1) Already have one just like it.
2) I don't care for the half lugs.
3) No option for lower price without all of the add on's. I would not pay any extra for ammo or holsters, I reload and only carry a couple guns.
4) I see nowhere that it mentions if the original box and papers are included and I don't buy pistols without the original box.

Looks a lot like the first image posted sir.... maybe I'm confused.

View attachment 485436

Then another in a post down the line, mostly to show the fit in the safe...
Confused about what? The concept of a picture that actually contains a/the artifact in its entirety? It is a binomial.. it either is or isn't ffs.. no Heizenberg uncertainty. anyhoo

... and I don't buy pistols without the original box.

That seems to be rather limiting. Not many things I've seen from the 80s still have all original packaging. And if you're a shooter, what's the wrapper really worth? To me, nothing. Would have zero effect on my purchase. Perhaps others value an empty box more than I.

But thanks for the input!

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews