JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
x2 on the WFT, for I think $70, it saves having to tighten\losen the chuck on each piece of brass. I hated that about the lee trimmer but for the price the lee was good and got it done.

Get the "universal 3-jaw" chuck and spinner stud that lee has. About 1/4 turn and the case is either gripped or released. Works on just about every case, rimmed or not.

Still the most inexpensive way to trim cases.

WFT!!!! By little crow
And with a 1/4 turn it deburrs outside I still deburr inside... But its great just did 3k plus over the weekend !

Best 70bks I spent since starting to reload rifle.

It appears to me that the WFT is not at all inexpensive since they are cartridge specific--except the 5 in one of which I have only one so that does not matter -- If I have to spend $70 on every cartridge I shoot, well, I won't do that. Also, like the Lee original trimmer, you will be trimming to the manufacturer's idea of what the case length should be--not usually a problem. So if you load a lot of different cases to SAAMI/ANSI specs for factory chambers, the old Lee trimmers look to be the best value. I have some that I have used for years with great results I did buy a ball cutter for them and a better chamfer deburring tool-- -but- nothing is idiot proof.

The Lathe type trimmers like the Forster allow you to set the case length--and you can use them for other functions like neck turning or reaming etc..I consider my Forster setup a good value because of that--it's not cheap, but it's less expensive than some other brands and more versatile--it's WAY less expensive than $70 per cartridge......

how many different cartridges do you need to trim? You still have to buy the case holder and length gage for each caliber with the lee don't you? I use the WFT for the .223 since I shoot way more .223 than anything else. Then the stuff I don't shoot a bunch I use the lee trimmer. The WFT is faster than a lathe type, and for me $70 is worth the time savings, as trimming was always the biggest chore for me.

I agree with pry, and it is not per caliber... As I have just added the 30 cal cutter witch does various calibers including 308 ..... So I am covered across the board from 25/250 to 338. Just call little crow gunworks if ya have any questions as I did, when I can get thru 3k plus of cases and not have sore fingers and hands I'm HAPPY!!!!

A lot more cartridges than some folks, apparently. While at the WFT website I gave up counting "cartridge families" and multiplying by $70 when the total came to more than it cost me for ALL my Lee trimmers and my Forster lathes and their various pilots, reamers power attachment and my cordless drill. Yes there is a power attachment for the Forster lathe.

Again, some cartridges folks shoot are not always going to be a set length and the manufacturer of the trimmers like the WFT or Lee set then for the middle ground. If you need to trim to a different length, say to crimp the center of a cannelure or you need each case to be the same length, even if it's on the shorter side of the median then the lathe is the answer, not the Lee or the WFT--and the Lee cheapie trimmers are still the, well, cheapest............

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top