JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
gonna be hitting the gun stores this saturday to look for a decent 10mm handgun to purchase.....never read much about the caliber till now and sounds to be a good caliber to shoot.....ive read that these are really high charged rounds that give the gun alot of abuse....does anyone have any opinions on which handgun would be a decent piece to pick up.....was thinking of the G20 glock or an EAA witness match 10mm.....i know theres colts out there but really not looking to spend a grand to get them....got a budget of 500-800...i will be using it primarily to target and carry in the woods...please help make my decision before saturday...thanks

Last Edited:
You might be hard pressed to find any 10mm in stock, other than the glocks.

Pretty much the only thing that fits in your price range would be glock 20 or 29, any of the EAA witnesses in 10mm, or maybe a used dan wesson RZ-10

If you are at all interested in a revolver, may I suggest a S&W 610? As far as I know, you could also shoot .40 S&W from the same firearm, and maybe save a little $$ on ammo for practice.

My preference is for the Glock, it's not a whole lot more than the Witness and is a very solid gun. Plus it's the one I've got. However, there aren't a whole lot of choices in 10mm and nobody really makes a bad one. Get whatever you can right now and I think you'll be happy. As far as the 610 goes, I like it and would like to get one at some point but I don't think it's a great first 10mm, I think the advantage of the 10mm is near big bore power but with higher capacity. If your going to get an N frame revolver you might as well get a .44.

The Glock 20 (or 20SF if you can find one) would probably the best bet.

I do believe all the other 10mm firearms were originally designed in a different caliber (take the Delta Elite, was originally a 45ACP, then everything else and also a 10mm). The Glock G20 was originally designed as a 10mm then "converted" to 45ACP to be the G21. It is designed to take the punishment that is the 10mm. They're great guns too.

Might check out the ARPC show in Albany this weekend.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top