Whats a Decent 10mm handgun

gonna be hitting the gun stores this saturday to look for a decent 10mm handgun to purchase.....never read much about the caliber till now and sounds to be a good caliber to shoot.....ive read that these are really high charged rounds that give the gun alot of abuse....does anyone have any opinions on which handgun would be a decent piece to pick up.....was thinking of the G20 glock or an EAA witness match 10mm.....i know theres colts out there but really not looking to spend a grand to get them....got a budget of 500-800...i will be using it primarily to target and carry in the woods...please help make my decision before saturday...thanks

Last edited:
Reactions
You might be hard pressed to find any 10mm in stock, other than the glocks.

Pretty much the only thing that fits in your price range would be glock 20 or 29, any of the EAA witnesses in 10mm, or maybe a used dan wesson RZ-10

Reactions
My preference is for the Glock, it's not a whole lot more than the Witness and is a very solid gun. Plus it's the one I've got. However, there aren't a whole lot of choices in 10mm and nobody really makes a bad one. Get whatever you can right now and I think you'll be happy. As far as the 610 goes, I like it and would like to get one at some point but I don't think it's a great first 10mm, I think the advantage of the 10mm is near big bore power but with higher capacity. If your going to get an N frame revolver you might as well get a .44.

Reactions
The Glock 20 (or 20SF if you can find one) would probably the best bet.

I do believe all the other 10mm firearms were originally designed in a different caliber (take the Delta Elite, was originally a 45ACP, then everything else and also a 10mm). The Glock G20 was originally designed as a 10mm then "converted" to 45ACP to be the G21. It is designed to take the punishment that is the 10mm. They're great guns too.

Might check out the ARPC show in Albany this weekend.

Reactions
I have a Glock 20 and love it. Has been 100% reliable and a very good shooter. I carry it mainly hunting and camping. I have an aftermarket 6inch barrel on it for extra velocity. It has served me well.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - Pistol/Rifle Combo
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - Pistol/Rifle Combo
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
  • Revelation Arms
    4.00 star(s)
    Depends who answers the phone
    I was given the number to Roger Loock by Beaver Creek Armory, as I needed parts I had ordered from MCarbo installed on a Kel-Tec Sub2000. On my...
  • Coastal Farm & Ranch - Cornelius
    3.00 star(s)
    Lesson learned
    I’ll take some responsibility here, as I took the employee at their word instead of doing a thorough inspection. Short story is that I asked for a...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Good guys!
    I stop in here every once in a while to see what Michael has in the clearance section, and to ask questions when I have a project in mind...
Top Bottom