Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

What's a AR15 bushmaster varminter worth

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by coyoteman5, Jun 27, 2014.

1. coyoteman5

coyoteman5 North south east west Active Member

I hear or see people write negative things about bushmaster AR15 are they really that bad? What gave them such a bad rep what would a bushmaster varminter be worth used.

2. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

They run fine just as long as the lazy keyboard commandos would spend time cleaning them! Instead they waste time with their negative reviews!!

As for what they are worth.. Well used $550.. On up from there..all depends on overall condition. Average price in decent shape would be $700

3. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

4. wichaka

wichaka Wa State Well-Known Member

How many rounds should be allowed between cleaning? Or should I say, for a Bushmaster?

5. misplacedtexan

misplacedtexan Beaverton, OR Active Member

I never really saw anything special about them in their price range. Never had any first hand problems with them though.

I went with a Smith M&P, but Windham Weaponry and Rock River also offer good competition to that Bushmaster.

6. jim97701

jim97701 Bend Well-Known Member

7. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Colt Baby!!!:D

8. JustShoot

JustShoot Oregon . Hillsborito area Active Member

-
    I owed and shot for several years an older production Bushmaster Varminter /24" park. CM. flutist with 1" diam. under the handguard .
    The thing was tackdriver and sagrat, coyote slaying Sonavabubblegumh . Easy comfortable getting 50-vmax over 3300 vel fps with leaving brass nice on extraction . the ONLY thing wrong with it was the compasslakes 2-stage trigger . that I replaced with a 'superior' RR 2-stage .
    I handloaded for it several years . It left me with fond memories & NEVER had 1 problem mechanical with owning it .

9. coyoteman5

coyoteman5 North south east west Active Member

Well that's what I bought but have not change the 2 stage trigger in it yet have not shot it much maybe 80 rounds it only had a 120 through it bought from a good friend it has a Leupold
    4.5x14x40 on it all is in very nice condition paid 900.00 also came with hard case one 5 rd mag and two 30rd mags plus 140 rds of ammo so far it's works great but always hear bad things about them that why I ask the question

10. JustShoot

JustShoot Oregon . Hillsborito area Active Member

Scoped also for 900-$ is not a bad deal .
    I dont care for the palm-shelf on the Grips . so I did change that out also. along with trigger group .

when I bought mine bush. had two different barrels offered . 24" - CM fluted & SS .
    The barrel I got on that one was pretty damn accurate . The 24" barrel ( That is ) what ' Varminter model ' is all about . that is it's upper-hand, as you can Squeeze some HOT fps. Vel. out of the 24" length with handloads & 9-twist with 50 to 60 grain bullets . But I stuck to the 50-vmax as it was most accurate and FAST vel. ... 3300 fps is no slouch when it's smacking some fur .

coyoteman5 likes this.