Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

What's .22lr worth in the winter?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Joe13, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I expected as demand for .22 went down during the winter months, we would see prices go down as well.

Is .22 still worth $0.10+ (as if it ever was worth that...)?

2. rutilate

rutilate Vancouver and Surrounds Active Member

No. I'm seeing it consistently at .06/round and even at .054.

I was at the gun show in Portland today and saw quite a bit going for .10-.15/round. Way too rich for the current supply.

Joe13 likes this.
  3. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I was buying it at .05-.06 all summer long from different online deals an just buying it off shelves when it was there. Maybe I'm just not hunting for it as much lately.

4. Capn Jack

Capn Jack Wet-Stern Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The on line prices look good until you figure in shipping. The last k I bought I screwed up and ended up spending .12 a round for. I can reload most of my center fire for under .06 a round.:confused::p

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  5. whiskeybill

whiskeybill Battle Ground, WA Well-Known Member

I pretty much quit shooting 22LR. I still have a bunch but the prices are too high. I have no desire to pay that much money for 22LR. I have a couple of bricks of Federal HV 22, and a couple bricks of 22 Match (Eley and Wolf). I occasionally whack a marauding rodent or two around the property, but that's the extent of shooting my rimfires now.

6. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

The gun show.....Pretty disappointing seeing vendors, vendors who depend on US to stay in business, selling Thunderbolt for $45.00. I saw a new jug of Bullseye for $45.00, and a pound of Autocomp for $50.00!! Right across from one was Curt's with pounds of HS-6 for $28.00. Curt's Discount Shooters Supply is good people as far as I'm concerned. Even during the dark times he was getting some powder in, it was higher because he was getting screwed with shorted orders but still had to pay full haz-mat.

Back on topic. Saw CCI minimags at $10.00m, Agilla(sp?) at $60.00! Good news though is brass case 9mm in 1000 pack was right close to $200.00 again, for those that don't make it themselves for $6.00 a box.

Mike

7. Dallas Ken

Dallas Ken Dallas Or. Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

When I see vendors with 22 priced in the $50 per brick range I keep going. Figure the rest of their goods are also overpriced.

NoFlinch, nglayton and Caveman Jim like this.
  8. whiskeybill

whiskeybill Battle Ground, WA Well-Known Member

$50.00?? Heckuva deal. I have seen it for $75.00 a brick. Gun show "deals". :eek:

9. WAYNO

WAYNO Oregon City Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

Wow. Lots of folks finding good deals on .22LR, but in a pinch you'd be hard pressed to find any at these lower prices. At 8 to 9-cents a round, there's still some scalping happening, but at least a feller can usually find them online locally.

I'll bet not a lot of kids are gonna get a new .22 rifle for Christmas.:)

WAYNO.

10. The Heretic

The Heretic Oregon Well-Known Member

I would pay 4 to 5 cents per round for generic .22 LR, maybe a little more if it becomes very available on the shelf and that is where the price stabilizes at.

But not 10 cents per round - that is more than the retailers online are asking (but as mentioned, shipping factors in, especially since they limit quantities so you can't get free shipping unless you buy something else).

11. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Pickin-up unfired dropped rounds off the ground after Appleseed and 22 steel challenge events

12. Benny503

Benny503 Grants Pass Well-Known Member

There are a lot of website with free shipping in slickguns post and they all a round 19.99 per box of Federal bulk pack I think average out aeound .065 cents. Good luck with the buy.