Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

What'll I pay for dirt?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by teflon97239, Jul 7, 2012.

1. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

I need about a 9-yard truckload of topsoil dumped in my driveway, and a couple guys to wheelbarrow it down a hill to level a dip in the yard behind my house where my lawn is going.

I can't get any of the contractors I'm using for concrete or house repairs to recommend anyone or even guess at a price. Didn't realize my request was so unique!

Anyone near SW Portland care to recommend a reliable outfit? Thanks in advance!

2. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

3. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

Unfortunately there just aren't any people I know of who sell "top soil" or "fill dirt". They're all into selling "lawn soil" or "5-way soil". For a 9 yard load you're looking at probably $250.00 or more. I don't know where in Portland you are, but if you're near SW then call Grimm's Fuel or Bark Blowers. They both have dirt.

4. ripcity

ripcity Milwaukie Active Member

I know of a guy in Milwaukie that sells topsoil from his place for 15 bucks a yard. When I've gotten soil from there it's always a very heavy yard maybe a yard and a half. Pretty good guy to deal with. I'm not sure if he would deliver though. If your interested in his contact give me a pm and I will drive by and get his number.

5. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

OK call Knife River or one of the other gravel pits. They almost all should have top soil to sell. Windsor Is down in North Kiezer has beautiful sandy loam. And they deliever.