JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I turned in a totally botched Enfield No. 4 Mk. 1 project that was completely irreparable (after removing every slightly usable part) and an old Hopkins and Allen break-top .32 revolver (after removing the grips and wrapping the grip in cardboard and electrical tape for that gangster-look) for $200 in Amazon Gift Cards.

When I got in line, I asked the nice couple behind me what they were turning in. They said a Colt .22 revolver and an Over/Under .22/410. I told them any Colt revolver was worth more than $100 and offered to buy it from them. At that point they were reluctant and declined. After standing in line with them for 45 minutes, we had grown acquainted, and they had grown tired of waiting, and they took my offer of $150 for the Colt Frontier Scout with holster. I said I'd turn in the Over/Under (Savage 24-P) and send them the gift card (we ended up having mutual acqauintances). They went home. I rethought my intention to turn in the Over/Under and kept it. I sent them the gift card I got for the Enfield.

So I went with two pieces of junk and came home with two nice guns and $100 in Amazon gift cards. I was out $150 and $8 for parking and a 1 1/2 hours in line. I gave another guy in line with me $40 for hanging onto the Over/Under while I turned in the junk. They also were turning in some old junky break-top $20 revolvers for $100/ea. in gift cards.

I'll be going to the next one they have for sure!

I guess I don't get it or I'm fortunate not to need the money, but I can't see participating in such a "buyback" even if it were to my financial advantage. It seems to me that cooperating with the process validates the underlying message...

I guess I don't get it or I'm fortunate not to need the money, but I can't see participating in such a "buyback" even if it were to my financial advantage. It seems to me that cooperating with the process validates the underlying message...

Theres nothing cooperating about keeping a Winchester model 1873 or 1894 from being melted into rebar. These guys did the collector market a huge service saving what they could from the world of stupid that is a gun buy back.

Wow.... just wow. So many of those were just old .22 rifles and grandpa's old duck shotgun or family heirlooms. Sad how happy those could have made some 11 year old on christmas or birthday. Or had a space in the safe by a sane owner who would cherish it and treat it well...If you don't want your dog anymore, find it a good home don't just dump it at the pound to get gassed. Same with guns.

I am sure as H E L L coming to the next one with a couple paychecks worth of cash in hand.

It's really sad the media won't report the truth of these gun buys. That all the fire arms collected do NO real good as far as getting guns out of criminal hands! I mean, certainly there's virtually no chance any of the long guns turned in ever ending up getting used in the commision of a crime, and the hand guns.......The media didn't do any footage I saw of handguns, guess they are most wanting to demonize the "EVIL" long gun.

It's sooo great that members of our forum got in there and rescued some of these great old guns.

Theres nothing cooperating about keeping a Winchester model 1873 or 1894 from being melted into rebar. These guys did the collector market a huge service saving what they could from the world of stupid that is a gun buy back.

Umm, you misunderstood me. I think the guys buying privately are great. I'm talking about taking the gift cert from the official buy-back. Look at the post prior to mine :rolleyes:

It's really sad the media won't report the truth of these gun buys. That all the fire arms collected do NO real good as far as getting guns out of criminal hands! I mean, certainly there's virtually no chance any of the long guns turned in ever ending up getting used in the commision of a crime, and the hand guns.......The media didn't do any footage I saw of handguns, guess they are most wanting to demonize the "EVIL" long gun.

Nah, I'd rather not. Once they figure it's becoming another gun show w/o BG checks, they'll want to close the loophole.

I'm glad you guys came out with a few nice picks.

I was there, came away with a knock off Thompson a beretta 22 bobcat and a glock all for four hundred. Ill say from my observation that most of the guns I witnessed being turned in were rusty pitted up junk shotguns and 22 rifles. I passed on quite a few I couldn't see Giving a nickel for. I did see a older lady turn In five m1 Garands though and know I did my best to buy them but she refused. All in all IMHO the gun buyback was a sham! People turning in scrap. But I'll be at the next. See you all there.

I was there, came away with a knock off Thompson a beretta 22 bobcat and a glock all for four hundred. Ill say from my observation that most of the guns I witnessed being turned in were rusty pitted up junk shotguns and 22 rifles. I passed on quite a few I couldn't see Giving a nickel for. I did see a older lady turn In five m1 Garands though and know I did my best to buy them but she refused. All in all IMHO the gun buyback was a sham! People turning in scrap. But I'll be at the next. See you all there.
Did I read that right???? Five M1's??? Please dear Jesus tell me that is not what he saw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT!? Wow, I wonder what history those M1 Garands have that is now lost...

And yep, they're already planning another gun buyback:

Seattle already planning another gun buyback | The Today File | Seattle Times

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top