JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had a Fantastic Dad's Day...the family (wife, daughter & son) all wanted to go shooting so off we went to the range. We all have the M&P 40 full size pistols and had a great time shooting and the Eastern Washington weather was...as usual...sunshine & blue skies! :s0155::s0155:

I had every intention of recording the event, but unfortunately my camera was left on the computer desk with the batteries in the charger! :s0054:

Went out to breakfast with my wife at Tom's in Beaverton. Went shopping for some clothes for our son's wedding rehearsal dinner this coming Friday. Late afternoon the sun came out a little so I sat out on the deck with the fountains running and the dogs napping at my feet and had a little toddy! A good day all in all.

Awesome day!

My son took me golfing for 18 holes. Well, he played 6 then spent the rest of the time focused on his Nintendo, but with the headphones on and occasionally asking me how I was doing. We got back just in time to watch Rory to make his walk down the 18th fairway.

My wife barbecued up some pork with beets and quinoa.

Then I mowed the lawn.

Doesn't get better.

Dad is in California. He went to Church and then worked on his jeep. Me, skipped Church and went to the gunshow and picked up my first AR. But I did call him to wish him a Happy Fathers Day.

Worked a 10 hour day, but was thankful not to be a father if that counts.

---

i AM a father, however... kids got up late, so i got to get up late... had a bowl of cereal and a cup of coffee, didn't have to change any diapers.. went to the gym for an hour or so, then called the ol' man down in cali and chatted for an hour or so. packed up all the kids and took them to a sitter so me and mama could go have dinner together with NO kids for probably only the 4th or 5th time in 8 years. had a decent bowl of spaghetti with the wife at olive garden, fed the little lady some cocktails, regrouped the troops, and headed home.

could have sucked a **** of a lot worse.

Wife made Blueberry crepes and sausage for breakfast. I played around on the computer a while.

Some where around here the daughter (technically a step daughter but you couldn't tell it around here) Calls to tell me happy fathers day and to talk about us taking the grand daughter to the Portland Zoo this coming weekend.

Then I went out and changed the rear brake pads on the wife's car saving us around $300.00 (it took less then an hour) Then I had lunch the wife made some all beef hotdogs with all the trimmings.

Then I spent the next 4 hours under the kitchen sink grunting and cussing completely cleaning out all the pipes (its a very complicated setup due to an odd position for the drain in the wall). It had been many years since it was a part and due to having a golf ball sized hole show up in the drain pipe out in the flower bed (house was built without plumbing it was added later) I found out that the kitchen sink never had a vent for the drain. So I added yet more complication under the sink and added an undersink vent valve.

At the end of all this grunting and cussing the real cussing began since the sink with perfectly clean pipes and a new vent. WOULDN'T DRAIN faster then a few ounces a minute. SO now we get into the serious cussing the plungering (which doesn't work for bubblegum now with the air vent) and lots of boiling hot water trying to figure out why it won't drain. When all of a sudden like a toilet flushing all the water disappears down the drain. A few more big tea pots full of boiling hot water and I think I have all the little leaks fixed.

Some where in the middle of all the cussing the son calls from San Diego (where he's Stationed in the US NAVY) to wish me happy fathers day.

I then had 3 beers with the excellent London Broil cold noodle salad and mixed vegies we had for dinner and will be the basis for my lunches this week.

Finished out the day talking to some buds on the computer and watching the premier of "FALLING SKYS" on the DVR.

Bed about 12pm

Took the wife and kids mushroom hunting and then squirrel shooting. Watched my 11 year old take a ground squirrel at 75 yards with open sights. Came home, had a bonfire and hobo stew. Darn near perfect day.

wow.. we have a brand new standard for "turning in early."

:cool:

from wwp.greenwichmeantime.com

A.M. and P.M.
What is Noon and Midnight?
A.M. and P.M. start immediately after Midnight and Noon (Midday) respectively.

This means that 00:00 A.M. or 00:00 P.M. (or 12:00 A.M. and 12:00 P.M.) have no meaning.

Every day starts precisely at midnight and A.M. starts immediately after that point in time e.g. 00:00:01 A.M. (see also leap seconds)

To avoid confusion timetables, when scheduling around midnight, prefer to use either 23:59 or 00:01 to avoid confusion as to which day is being referred to.

It is after Noon that P.M. starts e.g. 00:00:01 PM (12:00:01)

So it's not am until its 12:00:01 there for it must be 12pm at night least in my book it is since at 12:00:01 afternoon it becomes PM

AM runs from 12:00:01 at night until 12 noon

PM runs from 12:00:01 at noon until 12 midnight.

And since I have to get up at 5:00am for work Midnight was plenty late.

How do you understand it?

My son (4yrs) and I did a little fishing in the river, worked in one of the vegetable gardens (planting radishes, carrots, dill and some fennel; the last few things) and had a nice little barbeque.

I had a prety good day, My wife and I went to the little farmers market in our neiberhood and got some killer lunch from the Asian vendor there. My Daughter stopped by and gave me some Dads root beer and an electric fly swatter. We had some old friends come in from out of town and spend the night and have dinner. My Son came over and ate with us, he is a broke college kid cannot afford presents but he is always around to clean out the gutters and help around the house. The best part came on Monday when I got to watch my Daughter recieve the life saving medal along with some of her co-workers from the Portland Police at the North Precinct. Sometimes it's good to be Dad.

Im not a father but i took my dad out to the mountain i hunt at and we went target shooting. We shot both his and my conceal carry guns (G23's) his browning hi power 9mm, his sks, and my new Ak47. Was really fun, talked a little about his vietnam days. Later went back home and ate a early steak n potatoes dinner with my mom and him. I really needed a day with him like that so it was awsome for me.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top