Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Whatcom County?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by bmw2, Feb 10, 2009.

1. bmw2

bmw2 Mount Vernon, Wa Active Member

Anybody have a spot around Mount Baker or along Highway 9 that is safe and legal? There's a rock quarry on the twin lakes road/trail that would be good spot but it's too close to the road for my tastes. I especially like places that require high ground clearance or four wheel drive to get to.

2. FourTeeFive

FourTeeFive PNW Washington State Active Member

Reviving this thread. Growing up around here there used to be a lot of places to shoot. Seems like now they're all developed or too close to developed areas.

3. B Ready

B Ready NW New Member

The Northfork Gravel pit is still open. There's a few spots there. I've seen a few threads here with good directions / maps. If you can't find, let me know. The areas we used to shoot at are gated off. We try and pickup any glass we see, and nasty looking trash each time we go up......

4. FourTeeFive

FourTeeFive PNW Washington State Active Member

Thanks! I'll have to search around for info. It is a shame so many of these places get closed down, but understandable considering the littering that goes on.