JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For me Turkey has long been "ok", not something I will go out of my way for. Every year if I do not have to work so have an excuse, I have to go to Wife's family feed. Normally end up eating as soon as we get home as eating there is more for show. Tell them how great it all was and all. Since it looks like I will be off work today will have to make a show up. Did just stop to think as I was feeding the dogs who woke me up to tell me it was time for their feed that I do have a LOT to be thankful for again. Was not supposed to live this long and here I am gray hair and all, married to the same woman just celebrated our 26th anniversary last month. The way I was "living" before she for some reason I still do not fathom took a shine to me I would have been under the ground long ago. So while I am eating some food I really do not like I will smile, tell the host how great it was and then come home knowing I sure as hell have a lot to be thankful for again this year! Hope many others are in the same place, have a lot to be thankful for.

Beer butt turkey and finished off in the deep fryer.
Went on the grill at 5am

20221124_054252.jpg

For me Turkey has long been "ok", not something I will go out of my way for. Every year if I do not have to work so have an excuse, I have to go to Wife's family feed. Normally end up eating as soon as we get home as eating there is more for show. Tell them how great it all was and all. Since it looks like I will be off work today will have to make a show up. Did just stop to think as I was feeding the dogs who woke me up to tell me it was time for their feed that I do have a LOT to be thankful for again. Was not supposed to live this long and here I am gray hair and all, married to the same woman just celebrated our 26th anniversary last month. The way I was "living" before she for some reason I still do not fathom took a shine to me I would have been under the ground long ago. So while I am eating some food I really do not like I will smile, tell the host how great it was and then come home knowing I sure as hell have a lot to be thankful for again this year! Hope many others are in the same place, have a lot to be thankful for.
Mine of 25 years is also my savior.

I cant stand Turkey.

Doing 3 racks of BBQ ribs on the Traeger with 3 sauces and 4 lbs of 5 count bacon wrapped shrimp over grilled onions and carrots on the charcoal feeder BBQ which is quickly becoming my favorite cooking device. I live in the land of wonderful BBQ sauce. The beer selection sucs but the sauce selection more than makes up for it.

That Bessingers...Oh man thats good.

View attachment 1317178
Ribs and Tri tip. We don't like turkey that much, though post move planning on finding out how I like wild turkey.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top