JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
nice break in the weather, gonna go plink a bit with this. (well, soon as i change the ammo to .177 :) )

gamolibertybonecollector0100.jpg

set up one for scope, other for diopter sights. great lookin' pair!

10M rifle, single stroke, walther-lothar barrel, .177 pellets, a little under 500fps.

great indoor practice when the weather is like it is today!

#pdxfrank

twindaisyavanti753s_dec2021a.jpg

out of context a little, since it was incited by a conversation elsewhere, but here's a little peek into my man-cave...

Leavenworth had a record 4 ft of snow in 4 days. Only about 1 foot here, but then the rain came, the roads crumbled and the rivers rose. Fortunately, the Land of Evil Spirits is about 761 ft above sea level.

Frank,

Do you shoot your airguns (Rifles and handguns.) more than your smokeless powder firearms (Rifles, handguns and/or shotguns.) now or in the last several years?

I like your set up with your Sears tool chest too. Been there - done that in the late 90's and on but not for airgun items.

Mine was bought NIB, had extra sturdy drawers, it was black and had a good lock. I stored my former handguns or most of them in it for a time frame back east. I bought one out here - same deal for a time frame. (I no longer own, carry or shoot handguns as you may or may not remember.) Right now, my husband has most but not all of his knives in one Sears tool chest and some other items locked up. My knives are stored elsewhere.

I love the RED RYDER rifle and the card too!

A third one is here now. 1938 Red Ryder replica. Mine has the cowboy on it, it is the regular version and it has no sundial or compass. The other two stayed back east with close friends.

Take care!

Blessings to you and yours.

Cate

Cate, I've always shot airguns more than "real" guns.
Mostly because it's convenient. And hella cheaper. It's also really therapeutic, like a punching bag, but less pain. Usually.

Although I wish for more, I appreciate being able to walk 20 feet out my back door to shoot just about any time I want.
VS pay to go somewhere noisy, less frills, and arguably more dangerous.

As any plinker knows, airgun ammo is a lot less expensive. I shot 20k+ "rounds" last year. At about 10 bucks per 500.
leadweight2021b.jpg

I still love my powder-burner shootin', but besides the BANG!, I really get my fix just fine.
And one could say, if mindful, really good regular firearm practice.

I mostly shoot air rifles for precision, and air pistols for dry-fire practice (to make me more precise I hope!)

I don't have enough tools to fill the box, and I reach for targets, ammo etc. a lot more than I do a hammer. :)

That Daisy card is the ONLY card I got last year, but it's a keeper. :)
Here's a couple of my Red Ryders. (and some props from the wife's costume shop)
DaisyRedRyderHeritageKit_2021a.jpg

All my best to you and yours Cate, as well as anyone following along. Happy new year.

f

Cate, I've always shot airguns more than "real" guns.
Mostly because it's convenient. And hella cheaper. It's also really therapeutic, like a punching bag, but less pain. Usually.

Although I wish for more, I appreciate being able to walk 20 feet out my back door to shoot just about any time I want.
VS pay to go somewhere noisy, less frills, and arguably more dangerous.

As any plinker knows, airgun ammo is a lot less expensive. I shot 20k+ "rounds" last year. At about 10 bucks per 500.
View attachment 1104611

I still love my powder-burner shootin', but besides the BANG!, I really get my fix just fine.
And one could say, if mindful, really good regular firearm practice.

I mostly shoot air rifles for precision, and air pistols for dry-fire practice (to make me more precise I hope!)

I don't have enough tools to fill the box, and I reach for targets, ammo etc. a lot more than I do a hammer. :)

That Daisy card is the ONLY card I got last year, but it's a keeper. :)
Here's a couple of my Red Ryders. (and some props from the wife's costume shop)
View attachment 1104610

All my best to you and yours Cate, as well as anyone following along. Happy new year.

f

Good post and thank you for sharing!

Take care.

Cate

the only firearm i own at the moment. :s0092: my edc.
Tanfoglio (silent G) "Witness" match gun (fashioned after the cz75) 45acp.
myEDCoct2021a.jpg

Now, if i could only shoot THAT one in the backyard just as freely. :s0010:

Last Edited:
went out w/the Daisy 753s today. that's x10 shots, i thought i was missing the target. a couple flyers, but all me, could tell when i shot #2 and #4. but x8 in one hole, that's sweet. gun shoots way better than i can, and very quiet for neighbor-friendly plinkin'.

daisy753s_janpractice002.jpg daisy753s_janpractice001.jpg

same gun today, but gonna do a little night-shooting.

nightshootprep_daisy753s_scoped001.jpg

anyone coming over to join in on the fun? probably going 'til about 10pm.

EDIT: now 5pm. feels like 9. not too cold, rain has stopped. lookin' good, already a couple targets sighted in.

daisy753s_nightshooting001.jpg

EDIT: 6pm... pew pew pew
frankNdaisy_nightshoot002.jpg

side note: @seamorgan in Seattle is selling the same rifle here, if you're in the market for a ninja.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads