JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nice day to shoot! I didn't even bother getting out of my pajamas. Coffee still in hand. :s0074:
pdxfrankwithR9april2021.jpg

Does okay. Not the nice clean single hole I'd prefer, but me and the gun are just getting to know each other. :s0080:
r9Target003april2021.jpg

Pistols practice went well. All are adjusted to 10M. Great day outdoors.

Tomorrow looks like another fine day to shoot. So this is what I'm going out with...

Crosman 1077W .177 pellet co2 repeater.

crosman1077Wapril2021_007.jpg

nice, heavy, realistic, i like it!

will make for an excellent "blue gun" for the next CHL client.

in addition, been practicing more with "poser pics".
hoping to get some attention elsewheres from a mfg or three so i'm not spending all MY money for this fun! :s0004:

winchester1911co2BBapril2021a.jpg winchesterclubapril2021c.jpg

I was recently given a Crosman 760 repeating pellet rifle. Took it apart to clean and replace the various O rings. Anybody have a clue how to take apart the brass piston without marring the exterior? Is there a trick to securely hold and twist the two halfs apart?

Honestly thinking about picking one up from sportsman's to go along with my slingshot so I can have some plinking fun again.

Daisy red rider would be my initial but what's a good pump or newer style to go with if all I plan to do is hit cans? Good brands to go for or who to avoid?.

Thanks!

@E4mafia Depends on your budget and how much ya wanna play.

All this is entirely IMO. I might change my mind a year from now, so just take it as anecdotal.

Straight out the gate, least hassles, good accuracy, cheap ammo.... Daisy 499B. About $150 new.
Nice lever action, wood stock, competition-level BB gun, no co2 or pump needed, BBs are about $1 a 1000.

Next, if that's a little too "child-like" for your tastes (me too), a Beeman QB78 co2 single-shot pellet rifle.
CO2 has it's issues, but it's an easy intro to something with a little more bang for about the same amount of buck.
Basic pellets run well under 10 bucks a tin of 500. Well, until all the powder-burners start hording that too! ;)

If you want to try out break-barrels, they're typically single-shot rifles, often with power to kill, and accuracy to make it so.
$150 will get you a beautiful Walther Parrus. Or a used Diana 34.

Prices go up from there as you can imagine. "PCP"s can range from around 300 bucks, topping well over $5k.
But don't let dollar-signs blind your with lust, try as many as you can before you buy, get what works for you, not just what has the best ratings. IMO. ;)

Oh, don't forget a pistol choice someday. Realistic replicas make for great "dry-fire" training too. Actioln Sport Games (ASG), Gamo, Crosman, Daisy all make fine co2 pistols. Expect a fun plinker to run about $100 with some ammo and co2.

Yeah my budget would be anything south of $200 generally. Your options sound fine as it's about all I would need.

Not savvy with airs so figured I'd ask someone here more knowledgeable. I'll see between big 5 and sportsman's what I can get as far as a rifle. Pistol option sounds decent to.

Roger that sir!

Classifieds here often have gems for great prices:

Holler back here when ya get one! Oh, I live in Hillsboro, you're welcome to try out whatever I have at the moment.

f

I'll see between big 5 and sportsman's what I can get as far as a rifle. Pistol option sounds decent to.

For fun I went window-shopping at Sportsman's online. Never shopped there, as Amazon or Pyramydair are my usual go-tos. Walmart is great for stocking up on co2 and cheap pellets.

Anyway, sippin' my morning coffee, wondering "what would i get JUST for the fun of plinking?" In the best spirit of your question I hope.
No hunting, decent accuracy but doesn't need to be a laser at 100-yards... Just something that'll toss a can or such up in the air and make one smile.

Same budget, sub-$200. Wanna see what I picked? Had to be in-stock.

The rifle:
sportsmansrifle001.JPG

The pistol:
sportsmanspistol001.JPG

Not that should influence what YOU get. But if I were me, and since I've own/ed them both and know they're fine, best of a lotta worlds there.

All my best, and don't forget to come back with whatever you manifest!

f

For fun I went window-shopping at Sportsman's online. Never shopped there, as Amazon or Pyramydair are my usual go-tos. Walmart is great for stocking up on co2 and cheap pellets.

Anyway, sippin' my morning coffee, wondering "what would i get JUST for the fun of plinking?" In the best spirit of your question I hope.
No hunting, decent accuracy but doesn't need to be a laser at 100-yards... Just something that'll toss a can or such up in the air and make one smile.

Same budget, sub-$200. Wanna see what I picked? Had to be in-stock.

The rifle:
View attachment 869146

The pistol:
View attachment 869147

Not that should influence what YOU get. But if I were me, and since I've own/ed them both and know they're fine, best of a lotta worlds there.

All my best, and don't forget to come back with whatever you manifest!

f
The full auto one sounds like it may be a lot of fun. I have looked a few times at one Sig makes that is a semi auto PCP in .22. Since I have the stuff now to fill PCP tanks it's tempting to buy one to play with at home. :D

The full auto one sounds like it may be a lot of fun. I have looked a few times at one Sig makes that is a semi auto PCP in .22. Since I have the stuff now to fill PCP tanks it's tempting to buy one to play with at home. :D

A buddy of mine got a Crosman R1, I got the AK1 shortly after. They're basically the same gun in different shells. But really well-made and hella fun.

crosmanR12021a.JPG

So we started playing me VS him games with them, for Facebook and the likes. ha, latter literally in some cases. :)
dogmublersAR1_VS_TAGSak1_001.jpg

Here's one of the videos I did toward that goal, all in fun, but might be a good over-view of the AK1 if anyone's considering it.

Caveat. Stock up on co2. :)
co2zipperhardcaseapril2021a.jpg

A buddy of mine got a Crosman R1, I got the AK1 shortly after. They're basically the same gun in different shells. But really well-made and hella fun.

View attachment 869682

So we started playing me VS him games with them, for Facebook and the likes. ha, latter literally in some cases. :)
View attachment 869683

Here's one of the videos I did toward that goal, all in fun, but might be a good over-view of the AK1 if anyone's considering it.

Caveat. Stock up on co2. :)
View attachment 869684
Does look like some fun and they look well made. The CO2 could get expensive having fun with them :D. Looking forward to getting the time to play with some PCP stuff. Some of the reviews said the pump would only go for a couple years but I figured if it lasts that long it would be fine.

Alright, time for my old-fart's nap. Had fun with Diana today, she's all locked in for 10M. Shoot well too.

With a weather prediction of mid-70s, partly cloudy, low wind... Here's tomorrow's plan:
jsbVShn18gr_april2021a.jpg

[Diana 34, .22, benchrest, 9x40 scope, 25-yards]

Last Edited:
For fans of the bullpup design, the Hatsan Flashpup is my recommend for a budget friendly pcp that you won't outgrow. It fills both the target and pesting roles nicely and is a tack driver. I went with the .22 version for better killing power than the .177 and for the plethora of pellet choices vs the .25. The rotary magazines work quite well and the shrouded QE barrel system makes it silly quiet. I can be had for sub $400 if you look around a bit.
9DCDEB46-DC92-46BA-871A-448A7BFCAEFA.jpeg

Here is a quick pellet comparison I did tonight through the Flashpup. These were two 5 shot groups shot across hood of pickup off bipod at 60yds. JSB exact jumbo heavies are still the reining champ.

EAAD55ED-2988-4496-9904-D8F2A987C3F4.jpeg

got a DOA co2 pistol.... thought i'd snag a pic of the pair before i send the defunct one back.

nice little plinker, sure hated waiting another couple weeks, but Daisy/Gamo folks do have great service in my limited experience.

anyway, a little posing before packing...

daisypowerline5501may2021a.jpg daisypowerline5501may2021c_touched.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads