JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Shot them both today, the Walther and the Stoeger.

I gotta say, I like the latter a lot better so far.

Nothing wrong with the Parrus mind you, but that S4000E is so quiet, cocks nicely, real easy on the body.

waltherparrus2021a.jpg

IMG_2338.JPG

Recorded a sound-level test with these four .177 break-barrels. I'll be back later with a video of it.

allfourgunspic001_resized_WITHTEXT.jpg

Last Edited:
Well, this wasn't today, but I did spend some time on this Crosman 1400 I got from Weatherby300 here on NWFirearms this fall. It was in bad shape when I got it. It was rusted up pretty good, needed new seals and the stock looked like it was used for a salmon knocker. I had to source a barrel($25) as the original had rust putting pretty bad and it wasn't accurate. I fit the pachmyr recoil pad, then refinished the wood with a single coat of red mahogany. then 4 coats of tru oil, knocked down a bit with 0000 steel wool. 6 pumps gets you 600 fps with 14.3 grain .22's. Its a single, dime sized hole shooter at the 16 yards i have available indoors. Its a bit loud for backyard use. 20201023_003137.jpg

Well, this wasn't today, but I did spend some time on this Crosman 1400 I got from Weatherby300 here on NWFirearms this fall. It was in bad shape when I got it. It was rusted up pretty good, needed new seals and the stock looked like it was used for a salmon knocker. I had to source a barrel($25) as the original had rust putting pretty bad and it wasn't accurate. I fit the pachmyr recoil pad, then refinished the wood with a single coat of red mahogany. then 4 coats of tru oil, knocked down a bit with 0000 steel wool. 6 pumps gets you 600 fps with 14.3 grain .22's. Its a single, dime sized hole shooter at the 16 yards i have available indoors. Its a bit loud for backyard use. View attachment 810135

Sweet!

Thank you for sharing.

Cate

Dear Frank RW,

Where do you buy all of your air guns?

Do you special order them from a specific place close to where you live or do you see a LOT of them in stock - in a NIB box at your local sporting goods store?

You have a pretty big collection from what I can tell.

I ENJOY looking at your pictures and reading your posts even if I do not always comment on them.

Thank you for sharing.

Take care!

Sincerely,

Cate

Where do you buy all of your air guns?
Amazon, Pyramydair, Airguns of Arizona. Probably about same as most folks.

My preferred way to buy, if it's close enough in price, is direct from the brand's website.
I figure fewer hands on it getting to me the better. :)
(and sometimes, just sometimes you get... yes... STICKERS! hehe)

Do you special order them from a specific place close to where you live or do you see a LOT of them in stock - in a NIB box at your local sporting goods store?
Every time I've looked at local stores, it's a dismal selection at best. Oregon liberals perhaps, dunno.

I also buy/trade and get used ones often. Which leads to answer...

You have a pretty big collection from what I can tell.
I tend to just have 3 or 4 at a time. I don't collect, so I tend to rotate my tools often. :)

Just for ME and if I stopped buying/selling, probably just two. One .22 with a scope, one .177 without. Both break-barrels. Perhaps a couple co2 pistols.

I ENJOY looking at your pictures and reading your posts even if I do not always comment on them.
I've been working a side-gig of youtube videos, hoping I won't have to pay for my own stuff forever. :) I'd play guns all day if it paid well. But heck, who here wouldn't?

Thank you for the kind reply Cate!

Last Edited:
Quite proud of these results from yesterday.... this is the best x10 of all the targets shot.

silentcattarget23jan2021d.jpg

Gamo Silent Cat, .177 break barrel rifle. :s0019: 25-yards, benchrest. :s0015:

Found a set of Daisy Red Ryders cheap, and here they are posing for us. :)

(content for my Facebook page)

Ain't they purdy? 50 bucks, worth it even if it's just for the wall decoration.

DaisyRedRyderHeritageKit_2021a.jpg

Last Edited:
Stocked up this week. About 10k "rounds" there. (about 10-15 bucks for a tin of 500 shots)

pelletammostash2021a.jpg

A little less than what I shot last year.
recycleleadpellets2020a.jpg

Ordered a suppressor today. There went my lunch money for the month. :/
donnyflkoi_ordered.JPG

So I can get that Walther down to #backyardplinking noise-levels. :)

Hope I got the correct one.

parrusmuzzle001.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews