JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I went with variable pump because full power isn't always practical where I live so I wanted the ability to dial it down. I like the idea of a break action or CO2. I had CO2 pistols when I was a kid.

ooooh.... a purdy green box showed up today.

beemanairgunAPRIL2021d.jpg beemanairgunAPRIL2021b.jpg

Last Edited:
Had a fellow airgunner come by to pick up some supplies. Really nice fella, glad to see another getting into our passion!

It does seem more folks are moving to, or trying guns for the first time with, air power.

Must be why pellets and co2 are so hard to find! :s0057:

I got a break barrel .177 Remington for minor varmints around the place. I put a Red Dot sight on it because of my 70 year old eyes. I was disappointed with the accuracy. It shot 6" groups at 25 yards, so it's been sitting in the corner of the safe for about a year now. The other day I got some new pellets that were advertised as being premium pellets and extremely accurate. I'd been using a generic hollow point pellet that was comparatively light. The new pellets are pointed and heavier, and seem to fit into the bore more precisely. I was amazed that suddenly I was shooting 1" groups at 25 yards. Do pellets make that much difference?

I would have to think pellets make a huge difference.

The Taufledermaus guys have a whole channel devoted to shooting anything that will chamber through a 12ga. I have learned a ton this past year.

My Benjamin 392s arrived from Airguns of Arizona. Great shop, great selection and great pricing. I like this Air rifle. It feels solid. The only thing I don't like is the shoulder stock. The cheek pad is to high and prevents you from getting a good sight picture. I have to keep my head at the back end of the rifle to use the iron sights. I could go scope but I really just wanted to use iron sights. I will be shaving the stock down to make it usable. Great 22cal rifle otherwise.

IMG_20210409_115252.jpg

Do pellets make that much difference?

Glad ya got that out of storage and tried Z3! Yeah, some airguns, like powder-burners, have a preference.

Most of what I use is fine with either H&N or JSB pellets. Try different sizes/weights too. But if you're doing 1" groups, sounds as if you're set!

Glad ya got that out of storage and tried Z3! Yeah, some airguns, like powder-burners, have a preference.

Most of what I use is fine with either H&N or JSB pellets. Try different sizes/weights too. But if you're doing 1" groups, sounds as if you're set!
Yep, I'm thrilled with that kind of accuracy, and the Red Dot seems to hold a zero too. I tried a couple of scopes on it but they wouldn't hold zero, even though they were supposed to be air gun scopes.

I DO like the cleaning/shooting rest - do tell me more about it, please!

Picked it up on Amazon some years ago. I tried finding it in the list, but apparently no keyword I use answers the question, sorry.

It's nice, I like that it can be tilted in place too. If I run across more info about it later I'll edit this.

I know that most of you like to take the pi- josh me about the rather odd laws on guns here in UK. It might come as a surprise to you to learn that in the Ould Sod, the Emerald Isle [whatever] things are even wackier than you might suppose.

See, in the Republic of Ireland [RoI] ALL air guns over ONE Joule m/e are classed as real live HTG firearms, just like a .300 win Mag sporting rifle. You need a firearms certificate to buy one. And if you have two, then you need a firearms certificate for each one, and so on.

It gets worse.

To buy 'ammunition' - ie pellets - you have to show that you have that all-important certificate. And to make matters even worse, you are limited to the amount of ammunition that you have have at any one time. Depending on the whim of the county superintendent of An Garda Sióchána, you might only be allowed to have 200 pellets at a time.

Hmmmmm.

Shooting in your back yard?

Illegal. It is not a target shooting range. It is your back yard.

Take it out on the hills for a bit of a zeroing session?

Illegal. It is not a target range where you would zero your rifle.

Makes UK law seem positively generous and helpful.

Last Edited:
I know that most of you like to take the pi- josh me about the rather odd laws on guns here in UK. It might come as a surprise to you to learn that in the Ould Sod, the Emerald Isle [whatever] things are even wackier than you might suppose.

Yeah, but y'all inspired this, so God Bless You.

85247297.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads