JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
About to void warranty of the stock.

cheekriserinstall_001.jpg

Tried out my, "Christmas Colt." A Single Action Umerx .177 cal., in the garage today.:s0023: It's all steel and handles like the real thing. Accurate and a great trigger.:)
But, it's just as awkward as the real thing to load.:s0092:
I'll get used to it. :rolleyes:

I've been spending my Christmas vacation setting up a casting station so I could cast my own .25 caliber pellets. First batch..
2020-12-26_FirstCastingResults_640.jpg
Not super high quality results for my first time at this, and I may decide to melt down a bunch more of them when I do a detailed inspection, but these are probably already pretty reasonable short distance plinking ammo as it is.

And it wouldn't be complete without a casting hall of shame of some of my more spectacular casting failures for you all to snicker at:
2020-12-26_CastingHallOfShame_640.jpg

@Frank RW this thread has me looking at air rifles now.

I'm liking the cost and look of the crossman vantage.

Trying to find one under $100 without the scope.

I own, Pump, CO2 and Nitro piston, air rifles and pistols. All have their advantages and disadvantages.

The GAMO feels like a club when you first pick it up, but it grows on you. I like it's accuracy and the magazine feature.

The CO2s should be shot out and the cylinder removed after you use them to prevent ruining the seal.

Air guns are really a, "different kind of animal" from a firearm but there is a wealth of information on the WEB.:)

Trying to find one under $100 without the scope.

@Reno If it'll get you to try it out, I'm willing to sell one cheap to get ya started. I'm in Hillsboro.

Well taken care of, fires flawlessly, and yours with a lesson on how to use it for a nice crisp $100 bill.

Just the gun, no scope, bipod, sling etc. I will include ammo and targets. Gun has fiber-optic sights, so it's ready to shoot on demand.

Other info here:

Oh, hope you like camo.

silentcat2020_take4a.jpg

:s0092: No one, "Snickering" here.
Just interested in how the mold works.;)
I cast HP for 9mm and know what a slow process that is.:rolleyes:
Probably not much different. I'm using the NOE hunter mold, which is a three part one -- two halves and a pin that fits up into the bottom of the cavity to make the hollow skirt. Works pretty much like every other mold -- fill it with lead, knock off the sprue, and demold the pellet. As long as the pins were adjusted with just enough play, the pellets would pop out of the cavities with only a little tap, so once I got into a rhythm, I was able to make pellets pretty quickly.

I shot the "Colt" some more today.:)
I had to get out the Flat Black Modeler's paint for the front sight. :rolleyes:
The revolver is all chrome plated and the front sight blade was really getting fuzzy.:confused:
With the sight blackened it would shoot 2" groups at 25ft. from a rest. :s0001:

OK, but not nearly as good as my Walther, (Umerx) CP88 does with the target barrel extension.:(

Next, I'll have to see if it will knock down the ducks in my motorized shooting gallery.:p

I shot the "Colt" some more today.:)
I had to get out the Flat Black Modeler's paint for the front sight. :rolleyes:
The revolver is all chrome plated and the front sight blade was really getting fuzzy.:confused:
With the sight blackened it would shoot 2" groups at 25ft. from a rest. :s0001:

OK, but not nearly as good as my Walther, (Umerx) CP88 does with the target barrel extension.:(

Next, I'll have to see if it will knock down the ducks in my motorized shooting gallery.:p

My Walther has got the spiffy RWS red dot sight on it!! Also in nickel with the posh walnut grips!! I bought it the same day as they came off-license!!!!

Here it be's -

1609331483263.png

Last Edited:
Nice.:)

No red Dot, or wooden grips for me tac and I had to settle for a plated barrel extension as I couldn't find a blued one any where.:s0092:

I also replaced the front sight blade with an orange fiber optic.:p

I've just been watching a great review of the Chiappa Model 6004 .177 match pistol. When I bought mine, back in 1986, it was called the FAS Model 604, and was intended to be a trainer for the FAS range of rimfire and centre-fire Olympic-style target pistols. For me thats is exactly what it was, as I had both the Model 602 [.22 rimfire] amd 903 [.32 S&W Long centre-fire]. Gerry makes a reasonable job of the test, but emphasises that it is NOT a powerful puncher of cans, but a proper target pistol in its own right. It was made, back in the day, by IGI and markted as one of the Domino series. Somehow, Armi Chiappa SPa, now more well-known for their range of modern and BP guns than air pistols got into the game....must look into that one. Here is the Youtube movie -

...and here is my 604.............

1609346698594.png
1609346758368.png
1611084158956.png
1609346792440.png
Note how straight-linish it is in the hand...

Last Edited:
@Reno If it'll get you to try it out, I'm willing to sell one cheap to get ya started. I'm in Hillsboro.

Well taken care of, fires flawlessly, and yours with a lesson on how to use it for a nice crisp $100 bill.

Just the gun, no scope, bipod, sling etc. I will include ammo and targets. Gun has fiber-optic sights, so it's ready to shoot on demand.

Other info here:

Oh, hope you like camo.

View attachment 799126
Thanks for the offer!

Still pending trying to decide. I had a really nice RWS back in Reno, while much more expensive, I'm stuck debating if I should just say F it and pay for the Dianna!

Still pending trying to decide. I had a really nice RWS back in Reno, while much more expensive, I'm stuck debating if I should just say F it and pay for the Dianna!

I picked this one up recently. They're still on sale for under $150 at PyramydAir last I looked. Added a few tins of pellets to get it over the free shipping point. Good deal for a great gun (I hear, no experience myself).

parrusorderwithpellets001.jpg

Was watching a video on YouTube today. I found out JSB pellets are made in Czechoslovakia. They did a nice walk through of the factory. Watched the lead
go from melting pot to pellets.
A bunch of them !!! :s0001:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top