JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
alright, final pic. good enuff. hope it still shoots! :)

View attachment 1121354

about an hour later....
Yup, still shoots. Here's a quick overview:

View attachment 1124589

Dear Frank,

Thank you for posting and sharing about all of your air guns. I enjoy the TALK and your projects.

I share many of your posts. I show them to my husband.

I am cutting back here on this forum, I am mainly reading SPECIFIC areas of this forum which do INCLUDE Knives and Air Guns, I am going to GAB, and I do NOT use or ever belonged to Facebook. I mean NO offense to people who do use and belong to Facebook.

I hope that you continue to share your posts, threads and pictures here but if you do not - I understand.

Do you post and share on GAB?

Thank you!

Take care.

Sincerely,

Cate

Thanks! But me and Umarex don't seem to get along. Finally after some back-n-forth, they wanted to charge me for the breech seal on my "lifetime warranty" gun. I just picked up a solution elsewhere.

Handsome gun, fires beautifully now that I've done work on it. Sold it already, one less Umarex product to deal with.

I've sold off almost everything of theirs, gotta couple pistols to sell later and I'll have all their crap outta here. Just too many years of too many disappointments.

Hard to avoid too, since they're family includes so many licenses:
Beretta, Colt, Glock, Browning, Hammerli, H&K, Ruger, Smith & Wesson, RWS and even Walther (not Lothar, the other guy), others I'm sure.

That's a lot of fun to avoid, but oh well, the frustrations aren't worth it. Lots of potential but lack quality control and customer service IMO.

Don't have the same issues with Crosman, Daisy/Gamo, ASG, well, heck, just about anything has been better to me than Umarex. And that's 100+ guns into the hobby.

/soapbox
THIS post gives a lot of information out about air gun companies.

Thank you!

Cate

PS:

Frank,

Out of the companies that you listed that DO HONOR their gun and warranty, what air gun company do you think is the best one?

I have the Daisy Red Ryder 1938 replica one and I like to shoot bbs as you already know. So what would be close to the DAISY one that I have now? Another Daisy? Another style and a different brand name? Should I stick to the same brand name and model since I am HAPPY with it now for a second air gun?

I like the inexpensive bbs that I can BUY at Walmart, etc. and without looking at my 2 big jars now - I believe that they are in the DAISY BRAND NAME too.

And I do NOT want to put a scope on my gun, I have worn Rx eyeglasses since I was 5 years old and my old eyes @ 71 years old are used to my bi-focals. I do what works for ME and other people do what works for them since we are all different.

Thank you!

Cate

if ya like BBs, get the most accurate one.
daisy499bapril2021g.jpg

Another fine alternative if you'd rather use pellets, which will be even more accurate and fly further.
daisyavantidioptersights2022a.jpg

Sorry, no idea what "GAB" is. I use FB, instagram, youtube. No offense. ;)

I go where the traffic is, and the contenders that try to mimic usually lack in users.
Vimeo and Dailymotion come to mind. I'd get MAYBE 10% the traffic.

I'll continue to visit here on occasion. Love y'all too much to just leave. :)

daisyhuntingmemelol.jpg

i got tired of standing in the mud this winter.... gonna fix that right now. :s0143:

steppingstonesbackyard2022a.jpg

EDIT: a few hours later... Didn't take that long, just got around to it. :)
10Msteppingstones2022a.jpg

Friggin' 16 buck$ each tho', ouch.

Still will make for a very fine 10M shootin' spot. :s0015:

I used to just have a floor mat there, and a muddy path to walk when changing targets.
gamomach1bonecollector_plinkingjan2022a.jpg

EDIT 14FEB:
NOW we're cookin' with lard! :)
steppingstones50footrange2022c.jpg

Last Edited:
Doc says to wait a couple weeks before exerting myself. So it's the "little gun" this week. :)

Some ammo testing w/the Winchester 1100SS .177 break-barrel.
winchester1100ss_pellettest001.jpg

Decided the H&N FTTs were best for this gun. Most guns really. Those and JSB Diabolo pellets are the gold standard IMO.

Grrr.... always one that just HAS to leave the party early! lol
winchester1100SS_HNfttpellettest002.jpg

I'm sure they're fine guns. If ya wanna shoot something that looks as if it was made for plumbing. ;) They're not the most original or handsome designs. :/

oh, night vision, fancy-schmancy! ;)

i only have 25Y max here for my #backyardplinking, so don't really need it.

if ya weren't halfway across the State, i'd invite ya over!

and what the heck is a "nutria".... google says "a large South American semiaquatic rodent" lol

Nutria are everywhere in the Willamette Valley. They are a giant rat brought here in the 60s I belive for the fur trade. If your in Portland I'm only 1 1/2 hours away. 25 cal doesn't a number on the nutria rats....after almost 20 years still can't belive I get paid to hunt

was planning on this today, but i went down for an old-fart's nap and now it's dark. and rain expected the next few days. :/

daisy753s_april2022setup001.jpg

meanwhile, most pics i'm taking end up here now-a-days. no need to be an instagram member to preview if interested:

#pdxfrank

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads