JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
One of the reasons I love this forum is I generally see eye to eye with you guys. MANY other places on the interwebs have religious nuts and libral psychos, but for the most part you guys are pretty level headed. I don't see any gun grabbing in the future because as was previously pointed out, an all out ban wouldn't sit well with those who would be called upon to enforce it. However they don't need to make guns and ammo more expensive (I think we have done that enough ourselves. I'm an Econ Minor. Supply and demand... it is a simple math equation.) they can make EVERYTHING else more expensive through our own greed. It seems like every time I buy something I pay more and get less. It has been a steady trend for YEARS. It disgusts me.

‪Dash Cam: Canton PD "Notification" Arrest & Officer Goes Berserk / Threatens‬‏ - YouTube

Some of the Lead Officers Quotes: "This is the game I play. Guys tells me a story. Anything other then you two, you'll all go together. I don't care." " I'm tired of seeing you around. You understand that?" "Half a heartbeat from going to jail. You keep messing around." "I find you one more time tonight I'm gonna put lumps on ya."
"I'm tired of it." etc...

The (LEO) threatens to put his gun to the citizens head. And later said he wouldn't of lost any sleep when he executed the citizen! And then threatens to pull the citizen over, arrest him and tow his car every time he see's him.

I think he would be more then happy to take away our 2nd Amendment, and many other rights!
I think he wouldn't loose any sleep if he had to use deadly force.

This is a bit OT, but remember the Marine that got shot to pieces in AZ by a SWAT team serving a BS search warrant? I am starting to hear rumors that the AR found with him was dropped. His wife is saying she never saw that weapon before, and inside sources are saying that a stolen weapon was among those recovered from the scene. I don't know if it's true or not, but nothing Pima county LE has done to date inspires any confidence. This would just be the icing on the cake...

This is a bit OT, but remember the Marine that got shot to pieces in AZ by a SWAT team serving a BS search warrant? I am starting to hear rumors that the AR found with him was dropped. His wife is saying she never saw that weapon before, and inside sources are saying that a stolen weapon was among those recovered from the scene. I don't know if it's true or not, but nothing Pima county LE has done to date inspires any confidence. This would just be the icing on the cake...

Wouldn't surprise me a bit.

I served and I know we have nothing to worry about. The United States military makes up less than 1% of the people in the US. There is not enough LE to go house to house. I don't think LE has the intelligence to pull this off so most people are better qualified at using firearms anyways.

So don't worry the military would not do it and LE is not qualified to do it and if they tried they would be idiots.

They would have to go to court as well to execute this and it would be shot down and we outgun LE by 10 to one. I bet most large city LE only have their crappy butt Glocks because they don't know how to use other guns.

That's why I'm not worried about guys going house to house at least initially.
Allow an economic collapse happen, and let the country go hungry with a whole lot of chaos is more than likely what they will do. If they get hungry enough most of them will gladly turn over their firearms for government handouts. After that its just matter of going after the holdouts who were preppers, and then they will have enough military and LE to do the job.

I don't think the government has enough of anything to give out enough handouts. They are prepared for regional disasters, but not a national one. I think that if we have a national meltdown, it's every man for himself. Some will be good and try to work together, and many, especially the entitlement crowds in the cities, will riot. In smaller towns, the armed gangs and armed entitlement people are badly outnumbered. Remember, the police refused to enter Watts during the riots. They were too badly outnumbered.

Small towns will set up defenses and block roads. You won't get in. If you live in the city, you will run out of water. It's amazing how much water we need.

Some of us will die defending what we have and some of us will survive. Preparation is great, but it's going to take some luck, too. Well prepared and equipped and trained soldiers who are in top shape die on the battlefield regularly. Still, if you're unprepared, you're finished early.

$.02

I don't think the government has enough of anything to give out enough handouts. They are prepared for regional disasters, but not a national one. I think that if we have a national meltdown, it's every man for himself. Some will be good and try to work together, and many, especially the entitlement crowds in the cities, will riot. In smaller towns, the armed gangs and armed entitlement people are badly outnumbered. Remember, the police refused to enter Watts during the riots. They were too badly outnumbered.

Small towns will set up defenses and block roads. You won't get in. If you live in the city, you will run out of water. It's amazing how much water we need.

Some of us will die defending what we have and some of us will survive. Preparation is great, but it's going to take some luck, too. Well prepared and equipped and trained soldiers who are in top shape die on the battlefield regularly. Still, if you're unprepared, you're finished early.

$.02

Very true, but they don't have to offer food necessarily. Just having some semblance of authority and security, or the hope of, after total chaos would be enough for many to give in.

I believe the whole nation learned a lot from Katrina about "promises" at the Superdome. At least the smart and prepared people did, and they are the ones who might survive. Remember, there are perhaps 85 million gun owners in the US with at least 250 million guns and who knows how much ammo now. Who's going to round all that up?

If just 1% say h3ll no, you have 850,000 armed and determined people with 2.5 million guns and who knows how much ammo after the past few years of stockpiling? That almost equals the number of regulars in our military, but it's scattered all over the world. It does equal the number of members of the NG and will they attack citizens? They too are scattered all over the world.

So what if 2% said "no?" Now you have 1.7 million folks. I just don't see a military takeover, even assuming the military folks would attack their own people, and many think they wouldn't.

$.02

I believe the whole nation learned a lot from Katrina about "promises" at the Superdome. At least the smart and prepared people did, and they are the ones who might survive. Remember, there are perhaps 85 million gun owners in the US with at least 250 million guns and who knows how much ammo now. Who's going to round all that up?

If just 1% say h3ll no, you have 850,000 armed and determined people with 2.5 million guns and who knows how much ammo after the past few years of stockpiling? That almost equals the number of regulars in our military, but it's scattered all over the world. It does equal the number of members of the NG and will they attack citizens? They too are scattered all over the world.

So what if 2% said "no?" Now you have 1.7 million folks. I just don't see a military takeover, even assuming the military folks would attack their own people, and many think they wouldn't.

$.02

I'm telling ya it doesn't have to be American troops coming to knock on your door. The UN Arms Trade Treaty is steamrolling, though quietly. And I don't believe for a minute that the DOJ and BATFE expected anything less than what they got with Project Gunrunner and Operation Fast and Furious. We're being set up on an international level. Why fight against your own people when you can have the UN do it for you? So, set up an economic melt down, add a pinch of chaos, hysteria and mayhem, a dash of international aid, and voila. Seeds of Utopia.

And then they'll release the zombies!

Remember, there are perhaps 85 million gun owners in the US with at least 250 million guns and who knows how much ammo now. Who's going to round all that up?

I’m guessing that 1 or 2% has closer to 10% of the guns. ;)

I'm telling ya it doesn't have to be American troops coming to knock on your door. The UN Arms Trade Treaty is steamrolling, though quietly. And I don't believe for a minute that the DOJ and BATFE expected anything less than what they got with Project Gunrunner and Operation Fast and Furious. We're being set up on an international level. Why fight against your own people when you can have the UN do it for you? So, set up an economic melt down, add a pinch of chaos, hysteria and mayhem, a dash of international aid, and voila. Seeds of Utopia.

And then they'll release the zombies!

Th UN arms treaty would have to be ratified by 2/3 of our Senate. Not going to happen. Even so, if UN troops set foot on our soil, they would be destroyed.

I agree there are forces trying to break us, cause cause chaos, and we may be in for a time when society as we know it collapses. I don't disagree about gunrunner. I think it was meant to be a setup against lawful gun owners. Powerful people are trying to ruin this country and that's why I believe in being prepared.

Here is a published article that is interesting to me. Note that it appears to be funded by Homeland Security through the University of Maryland (our tax dollars at work). It lists a young man (Poplawski) as “right-wing” [to bolster those statistics], but when I did some searching on him, it seems to me that he was just a screwed up young man.
Once again, our government is going to find its “enemies” where it wants:
**Background Information: Far-Right Attacks on U.S. Law Enforcement ** - START - National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism

Here is a published article that is interesting to me. Note that it appears to be funded by Homeland Security through the University of Maryland (our tax dollars at work). It lists a young man (Poplawski) as "right-wing" [to bolster those statistics], but when I did some searching on him, it seems to me that he was just a screwed up young man.
Once again, our government is going to find its "enemies" where it wants:
**Background Information: Far-Right Attacks on U.S. Law Enforcement ** - START - National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism

can somebody tell me what their definition of "far rightist" is?

Anyone who doesn't believe in the supremacy of government power. ;)

i love how blatantly they're stigmatizing us- i sort of did a mental double-take when i read the article, like "hay, they cant do that!!" but they obviously most certainly can, and do. very scary.. and i don't really scare easily.

you want to know who they're calling "far rightist," gentlemen? YOU. and they HAVE labeled you as an enemy of the state. this bubblegum is for real.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads