JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
https://www.portlandoregon.gov/pbem/article/577091

This is a slow read, in order to really get the info out of it, you need to click the links. For instance, in ONE (only 1) example, P19 they ask "Have you done any of these things to make your family safer? It quickly goes from a questionnaire to a resource if you would but click the links (there are shootloads of choices to click on that need to be in effect, like "do you have flood insurance with a link - but the 3rd one, AS AN EXAMPLE, is Earthquakes:

which, if you click the links gets you this: Residential Seismic Strengthening | The City of Portland, Oregon

Which gets you ways to prep and fix, (all these are links with drawings or explanations):

"
So link it - then drill in there and see whats what. I found it a valuable resource and of extreme interest.

Respectfully ... a bunch of reading ...

I just scanned the first page of the first link. Right now I do not know what to think. Leaning towards the notion that these types of papers pay the authors by the word ... or perhaps by the page.

Why don't they just get down to brass tacks and the meat of the concerns? When I buck up against papers like this, (and I have many times in the RN business) my eyes immediately glaze over.

Just me. Perhaps my bad. As a former general licensed contractor years ago I kinda, (actually DO) know what to do with wood frame housing on perimeter concrete foundations to tighten things up.

Again perhaps my shortcomings. Like said, a long read. Right now no time. Perhaps later? Perhaps not either. All this stuff has to complete with 6 hours of sleep daily, plus that needful nap. Yikes!

Respectfully ...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads