JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Can you sell bad brass to a scrapyard or something? If so, do the primers have to be removed first? What about rimfire cases, can you do anything with those?

I always pick up all my cases when I'm done shooting, and am starting to get a small stockpile of brass that either can't be reloaded, or is in a caliber I will never reload. All my shotgun shells, .22, and steel cases just end up in the trash, but if I can get some money by selling some of this stuff to a junkyard, that'd be a little more money in my pocket for more ammo/components.

I throw it in a 25 gallon barrel and when it get full take it in to a scrap yard. I also make sure there are no loaded rounds in it. Primers I dont worry about. Last time about 200 hundred dollars. Prices are based on going scrap prices at the time.

Man I need to start saving the .22 and .17 brass and do that with it. I've been tossing it.

DUH.

RECYCLE.!

I save it all. I'm stockpiling my 12ga for reloading, but the combloc steel and rimfire gets bagged and tossed on a shelf in the garage. Eventually I'll have enough to actually pay for the gas to get it to the scrap yard.

try workin em' in to a project, me and a buddy drilled a bunch of .45's and 22's into a bar we made for his house and it turned out lookin pretty darn cool, they make pretty good incense holders too.

It takes a lot of brass to make much money. less than a buck a pound I think.

So unless you are a scavenger and like to work at making a few bucks it ain't worth the effort. Now to save brass for reloading certainly is worth it and I do it often.

I toss mine on my front steps and driveway with a little red paint and some crime scene tape.....seldom get uninvited visitors that way:s0114:

Honestly A good question, I put mine in the recycle bin.

38 brass makes great blunt tips on wood arrows for stump shooting! Way better than a target tip that will plow into a stump or under the duff.
I should save the rest. Don't even know where I could recycle around here but I do get out to the big towns from time to time.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top