JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ammo

I just spent $1K on ammo in the last two days.

77702d636f6e74656e742f75706c6f6164732f323031322f31312f456d7074795f77616c6c65745f74696e792e6a7067.jpg

77702d636f6e74656e742f75706c6f6164732f323031322f31312f456d7074795f77616c6c65745f74696e792e6a7067.jpg

That's pretty darn cool. I wonder how it would hold up if you had to whack someone on the noggin though? I couldn't find any YT video reviews of the thing. I'm really curious how it would actually stand up in defensive use.

I ordered one for my step son. I'll wack him a few times with it and let you know.

The wife or S.O.?......... maybe a nice dinner two of you unexpected. Tell you what spend your Christmas money on the wife now and when you have more cash and want to spend $$$$ on a gun you earned some brownie points. All kidding aside I would spend it with the wife maybe dinner and a movie.

Bullets, powder and primers came to mind first. Then you said you don't reload but want to get into it. So apply it toward that RCBS reloading kit. I saw it as cheap as $259 over the holidays, plus RCBS has a nice rebate going on if you spend $300 or more on their products. You will need dies....

I got a little money for Christmas too and I'm trying to make that same decision. I'd like to get one of the Spectre polymer 80% lower kits for Glock while they're available at the sale price. I'm also thinking about an AR lower or two. Maybe an 80% AR lower jig. It's hard to decide, especially when you know the gun grabbers are targeting us for more restrictions. Even getting some new mags considering the B.S. likely coming from Salem next year.
Etrain, have you got a rough total of how much it would take to complete this Spectre build? You have me intrigued by this option now.

Brutus Out

Etrain, have you got a rough total of how much it would take to complete this Spectre build? You have me intrigued by this option now.

Brutus Out

I can tell you what I know based on what @bolus posted in this thread last month: https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/glock-compatible-80-receiver.208639/#post-1349335

The kit is available (80% lower, jig, drilling/milling bits and locking block) for $136 for the next 8 days (apparently the price will go up after that as this is an introductory price). Here is the link to the lower kit: http://www.polymer80.com/Polymer80-Spectre-80-Pistol-Frame_p_1788.html

The only other cost to finish it would be a Glock G17 3-pin lower parts kit for about $75. If you already have a Glock slide/barrel assembly, then you're done. If not, I've found used complete slides, with barrels, on Ebay for as low as $249. It's compatible with the longer slides like the 17, 22, 34, 35, 17L, 24, 31

It is a different design than the standard Glock lower, more like the Timberwolf frame by LoneWolf, in my opinion, which is a design I like.

The wife or S.O.?......... maybe a nice dinner two of you unexpected. Tell you what spend your Christmas money on the wife now and when you have more cash and want to spend $$$$ on a gun you earned some brownie points. All kidding aside I would spend it with the wife maybe dinner and a movie.
This is probably why Im single.
New toys > Women
:D

This is probably why Im single.
New toys > Women
:D
Actually the wife got a $100.00 as well, and I bought her a new ring for Christmas! Pretty sure she has ideas and well deserved at that for her money...but I keep hoping she will wake me up tomorrow and say honey..."Take my $100.00 and I think you should buy more ammo, you pick the caliber....."
Or she uses hers on a good used bow we might stumble across. She wants a bow.
Brutus Out

My wife enjoys firearms as much as I do, she carries every single day.
So far she has never said I cant buy a firearms related item, in fact recently she insisted
I not get rid of one. Their out there ZA, just have to hunt a bit. :D;).
After 30 years I think ive got a pretty good deal .

I've had my wife almost 4 years....she's still warming to guns but in every other way big into practical prepping and getting to self sufficiency. She can grow anything and can anything from bacon to potatoes as well as smoke, salt, dehydrate, etc. through an accredited college program. She's learning a new career making more money than previously as well so in 18 months she could get a job almost anywhere. This leaves us some nice options when I retire. I am a few year older than her.:D

And ActUALLY, all the anti 2A bubblegum is pushing her closer to really accepting firearms. As a teenager her and her best friend walked in on a neighborhood boy who had blown his brains out. So she has a fear of firearms. Will be starting her with my single action .22, then up a few calibers. I ultimately want her EBR, 9Mill and bow capable.

Brutus Out

I received some $ from my Mother in law also. By the way, I have the best Mother in law anyone could hope for. That said, I am not spending it right now. It went into my secret stash. Yes, like many of us I have my own secret piggy bank. I save it up a little at a time and then I am able to buy something nice I really want. Just saying, you don't have to spend it right now, save up for something you really want.

Dune Hopper has the best idea. Methinks it's a good idea for you and your wife to pool your money and put it toward her first. Pitch in $50 and get her a MKIII or a Sig Mosquito. Since you don't reload, next on the list is ammo.
My father sent me a nice, unexpected gift of cash. Got my wife something nice, cash cards for the kids, a pair of binoculars, and 100 lbs of lead. I think they're going to eff with our access to ammo, so I've been buying bullets, powder and primers. Looking into casting, so having the lead is insurance.

I got a $100 prepaid debit card as a gift at work. Picked up a box of Federal Blue Box .308 Win 150 gr SP Ammo, AND 2 bags of 50 New Winchester .308 brass. With $27.72 left on the card, I will probably grab a pound of BE-86 powder to try in the handguns.

Dudley is ALWAYS asking for more money, virtually everyday in my email inbox. Everything is a CRISIS right now send us money for a "banner ad", right, like a banner ad is going to stop 2A armageddon. It looks like a lot of these groups are using 2A minded people to line their own pockets. Where is the ROI?

Brutus Out

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads