JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If you were shooting gun(s) at a totally legit place(BC rock quarry) and some dude ask you to move cause his buddys dog was barking at you? True story.

I would type in the full details but not really in the mood. Maybe later LoL.

Oh and if you were the one that told me to move and you're reading this, I was only going to be shooting for like 30mins and leave. But since you were nice enough to basically tell me to bubblegum off I decided to stay 3hrs LoL.

unless he was LE (and enforcing a law/ordinance) or the owner of the place, you had as much right as him to be there...

I would keep a loaded holstered pistol as backup and if that dog got loose and started to attack, it would learn what self defense means...

I assume he left instead? there's more to this story I'm sure...

unless he was LE (and enforcing a law/ordinance) or the owner of the place, you had as much right as him to be there...

I would keep a loaded holstered pistol as backup and if that dog got loose and started to attack, it would learn what self defense means...

I assume he left instead? there's more to this story I'm sure...

Ok here's the story. This was at the rock quarry where I guess everyone goes to. Anyway me and my fam(gf and son) went to BC to go practice shooting. We were on the higher ground cause the lower part seems crowded/wild. So right across us to the left theres like a little area where people can park, but being a holiday weekend people were camping instead. We just started shooting for like 10mins then this guy walks up to me and kindly ask: Could you move to the lower area cause my buddys hunting dog freaks out when he sees someone with a gun(dog barking like crazy), Or do you mind moving up and shooting past the rocks? At first I was like ????? But when he told me to go past the rocks I was starting to get a little hot. So I told the guy: Its getting pretty wild down there and I didn't trust cause I have my son with me. And he said: Your only like ten feet away, being up here doesn't make a difference. So I was like: You want me to go past the firing line so you friends dog stops barking? And he says: Yeah or if you could move to the lower area cause you not suppose to be shooting up here anyway. The shooting range is down there not up here. If the ranger comes he will bust you. I Was trying to keep my cool so I was like: Why I gotta move? Why don't you move your dog? Then he said: I can't cause I don't have his keys(His buddy locked his dog in his truck). Then his gf or wife started yelling: you not suppose to be shooting there! Thats not the gun range! Then the guy said: If the ranger or cop comes, he's going to fine you! Then I said: GOOD! I hope he comes! I've been shooting here for a long time and not once when I see a ranger or sheriff they said anything to me. Then he walks off and says saying something like: I was here for three days I'm asking you nicely and you are being a bubblegum or whatever did'nt really hear what he said. I just said you want me to move cause you friends dog is barking? This is a public place why should I move? I was so pissed I took like a 10min break and the dog kept barking. I was ready to go back and tell him off but nah. Never can tell what he got back there...

Epic part was when after this all happened, 10mins later a sheriff drives by and I wave at him smiling. About an hour later some guy in a white truck parks by us, (I guess he works there) comes by us and hand out some trash bags and asks if we could pick up our mess or any trash you see around and leave it by the sign down below. Again I waved to that person smiling HAHA.

Then his gf or wife started yelling: you not suppose to be shooting there! Thats not the gun range

to be fair , this is probably the root cause... I suspect the guy could have cared less about the dog barking until the other dog in his tent (wife) started barking at him to shut the dog up...

as far as I know most men can tolerate a barking dog and block out that sound (what were they doing camping next to a known target shooting area - it didn't sound they were new to the area) and would have to have a real good reason to get up and talk down a guy with a gun... I'm sure he was packing too though, so I would de-escalate it by not taunting him, but I'd stay my ground...

to be fair , this is probably the root cause... I suspect the guy could have cared less about the dog barking until the other dog in his tent (wife) started barking at him to shut the dog up...

would have to have a real good reason to get up and talk down a guy with a gun... I'm sure he was packing too though,

LoL.

True dat. I would've gladly left that place and go shoot somewhere else. I'm a nice guy, but the fact that he made his buddy's dog seem more important than my fams safety got me pissed.

No what he was pissed about was while you were enjoying your shooting he was having to endure the barking dog. I'm sure the barking dog which he had no way to control was pissing on their enjoyment.

It's my understanding you have your rights until you exercising your rights start crapping on someone else's right to happiness etc.

He was at least based on your account pretty decent about it and asked. The women yelling is typical of frustration frazzledeled nerves. Women tend to have less patients and a barking dog grates on the nerves.

If I had been in your situation and found the normal shooting area full I would have moved on not expanded the area closer to campers.

But then I don't shoot in places like that anyway.

Just my opinion.

No what he was pissed about was while you were enjoying your shooting he was having to endure the barking dog. I'm sure the barking dog which he had no way to control was pissing on their enjoyment.

It's my understanding you have your rights until you exercising your rights start crapping on someone else's right to happiness etc.

He was at least based on your account pretty decent about it and asked. The women yelling is typical of frustration frazzledeled nerves. Women tend to have less patients and a barking dog grates on the nerves.

If I had been in your situation and found the normal shooting area full I would have moved on not expanded the area closer to campers.

But then I don't shoot in places like that anyway.

Just my opinion.

I dont shoot at places like that either, but I sure as H E L L dont camp near a shooting range then get pissed cause someones shooting! What a tool! Who camps by a shooting range?? I dont KNOW what he was pissed about for sure, but I do KNOW I would rather listen to a dog than a woman.

Manners (from both parties) and a professional attitude are the best way to deal with any situation so long as both are observing them, a shooting pit this should be doubly important .

That being said what kind of imbecile camps their family that close to a shooting pit, that's a bit dangerous for my likes.

not to not be on your side but i really dont like it when people are up on that skid road shooting they always seem to be shooting from behind and top of you up there but as far as the camper goes buzz off its still daylight pal

Yeah, he shouldn't have been camping there. Kinda like moving to downtown Portland and then complaining about the traffic and to many people.

I am SO happy I do not live on the wet side.........that guy sounds like a puppy-whipped, ( Yeah you know what I meant to write), tool responding to the woman's complaints. I'm with the school who thinks if you don't like the sound of gunfire...DON'T CAMP NEAR A SHOOTING SPOT But that's just me.

It is too bad when someone ruins your fun but to be honest I would have probably left before being asked. Luckily I have lots of places to shoot and if anybody is around, shows up or I feel something is not right, I'll be the first to leave. Like the time I was having fun shooting and the beers broke out, I had no problem high tailing it out of there! Call me a coward and I will wear the yellow color, proud and alive.
This is only my opinion and does not work for everyone.
Mike

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads