JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What to do with AR receiver registered as striped receiver?

• Make it into a AR Pistol

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Make it into a AR Rifle

Votes: 19 82.6%

• Total voters
Reactions
I have a Striped AR Lower Receiver that is registerd that way as a striped receiver. Now I have a delema should I go through the hoops and make it into a AR pistol and register it that way or should I just say the heck with it and just build another rifle?

I thought it had to be transferred to you as a pistol. If it was transferred as a receiver I think that makes it a rifle. I could be wrong, but there is a fine line of legality with these.

I sold my pistol - didn't use it much and it was more of a novelty thing. If you really want a compact rifle caliber pistol, buy a FN Five-seveN.

You should build it into a pistol. You can take a pistol and turn it into a rifle and then switch it back and forth all you want. You cannot take a rifle and switch it into a pistol. Thats just the way the law works. Building it as a pistol gives you options.

Seth

You should build it into a pistol. You can take a pistol and turn it into a rifle and then switch it back and forth all you want. You cannot take a rifle and switch it into a pistol. Thats just the way the law works. Building it as a pistol gives you options.

Seth

What? Building a pistol into a rifle makes it an ATF controlled AOW. Did I misundersand something here?

No , I'm not talking about just throwing a stock on a pistol. You cannot convert a rifle into a pistol according to ATF regs. But you can take a pistol and throw a 16+" upper on it and a stock and make it a rifle. You can take a pistol and switch it back and forth from a pistol to a rifle and then back to a pistol all you want. Not with a rifle.

Seth

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads