JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What to do with AR receiver registered as striped receiver?

• Make it into a AR Pistol

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Make it into a AR Rifle

Votes: 19 82.6%

• Total voters
Reactions
I have a Striped AR Lower Receiver that is registerd that way as a striped receiver. Now I have a delema should I go through the hoops and make it into a AR pistol and register it that way or should I just say the heck with it and just build another rifle?

I thought it had to be transferred to you as a pistol. If it was transferred as a receiver I think that makes it a rifle. I could be wrong, but there is a fine line of legality with these.

I sold my pistol - didn't use it much and it was more of a novelty thing. If you really want a compact rifle caliber pistol, buy a FN Five-seveN.

You should build it into a pistol. You can take a pistol and turn it into a rifle and then switch it back and forth all you want. You cannot take a rifle and switch it into a pistol. Thats just the way the law works. Building it as a pistol gives you options.

Seth

You should build it into a pistol. You can take a pistol and turn it into a rifle and then switch it back and forth all you want. You cannot take a rifle and switch it into a pistol. Thats just the way the law works. Building it as a pistol gives you options.

Seth

What? Building a pistol into a rifle makes it an ATF controlled AOW. Did I misundersand something here?

No , I'm not talking about just throwing a stock on a pistol. You cannot convert a rifle into a pistol according to ATF regs. But you can take a pistol and throw a 16+" upper on it and a stock and make it a rifle. You can take a pistol and switch it back and forth from a pistol to a rifle and then back to a pistol all you want. Not with a rifle.

Seth

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads