Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

What would you do?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by broncman, Mar 25, 2009.

1. broncman

broncman E. of Portland yet to close! Quality Control!

I have a Striped AR Lower Receiver that is registerd that way as a striped receiver. Now I have a delema should I go through the hoops and make it into a AR pistol and register it that way or should I just say the heck with it and just build another rifle?

2. broncman

Forgot to mention that the Receiver is a multi caliber.

3. broncman

So to those that have voted on the poll, could you give some reasons for your vote as to why you voted the way you did?

4. ORBrit

ORBrit Eugene Member

I thought it had to be transferred to you as a pistol. If it was transferred as a receiver I think that makes it a rifle. I could be wrong, but there is a fine line of legality with these.

I sold my pistol - didn't use it much and it was more of a novelty thing. If you really want a compact rifle caliber pistol, buy a FN Five-seveN.

5. SheepDog223

SheepDog223 Salem Well-Known Member

Pistol's the way to go once you have (it sounds like) a few ar rifles.

6. finch6013

finch6013 Oregon City Active Member

you can never have too many AR calibers. Build it in another caliber or go with the five seven

7. homebuild

homebuild Oregon New Member

You should build it into a pistol. You can take a pistol and turn it into a rifle and then switch it back and forth all you want. You cannot take a rifle and switch it into a pistol. Thats just the way the law works. Building it as a pistol gives you options.

Seth

8. terrylf72

terrylf72 Portland, Oregon, United States Member

have to say rifle.. although I love my M1A-M14.. I would have to build it as an LAR8 (308).

Dang them for not having any (308) lowers for me to buy....
    <<<<< OUT OF STOCK >>>>>

9. SheepDog223

SheepDog223 Salem Well-Known Member

What? Building a pistol into a rifle makes it an ATF controlled AOW. Did I misundersand something here?

10. homebuild

homebuild Oregon New Member

No , I'm not talking about just throwing a stock on a pistol. You cannot convert a rifle into a pistol according to ATF regs. But you can take a pistol and throw a 16+" upper on it and a stock and make it a rifle. You can take a pistol and switch it back and forth from a pistol to a rifle and then back to a pistol all you want. Not with a rifle.

Seth

Burt Gummer and (deleted member) like this.