JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok I ordered a SS press in Dec. well when SHTF all orders seemed to disappear. I checked Graf and Sons and well my order disapeared:huh: could not find it online so I ordered another press somewhere else. Well guess what today a press shows up on my doorstep. Long story short I now have 2. Would keep it if you were in my shoes? I have thought about just trying to sell it for cost also.

TIA:s0155:

For now, as long as it doesn't cause a financial problem for you, hang on to it. At least until things settle out. Is the press you found another Single Stage? If not, one can always make use of a single stage press. Even if it is, having a second press isn't all that bad, again if you can afford it.

If you want to send it back, contact Graf and Sons, explain the "lost my order" issue and that you bought one elsewhere. They may well send you a UPS Pickup Tag. They may need it to fill another order.

Wait 3 days.

Post on classifieds as an assault single stage press capable of reloading 30 bullet clips.

Profit.

Seriously, though, having 2 is nice. You can have one die set in one and a second die in the other.

Yeah I figure I will just keep it for now. They are both a SS Lee Classic Cast press. Now I just need to sell the extra set of Redding dies I have. Ended up with 2 of those also.

Set one up for each part of you loading so that all your ammo is exactly the same.

Put your sizing die in the one, seating die in the other......

That's what I plan on doing. I wish my bench was a little bigger but that's the way it goes.

For what it's worth I have two presses. One Dillon 550B, the other a Lyman single stage. But that isn't the same boat as you are in. If you can convince the wife hang onto it because you will use it more than you think.

Keep it.

As for running both: its awesome, like youve got a poor-man's turret. Running sizer & seater isnt your only option. If you are using crimped brass or need to trim with a trim die, you could run your batch through sizer & pp swage, trim & chamfer them all, then switch the dies out for powder measure & seater. For me that would be cool because there is something about charged cases standing around without bullets that always really bugged me when i did all my loading on SS.

At the very very least save it to use as a loaner/starter to one of your friends who wants to get into it. It would be like you were the drug dealer giving out that first free sample bwah ha ha ha. Can everyone hear that song "Pusher Man" playing in your head right now as you visualize yourself walking down the street in pimp outfit passing out reloading gear? But seriously, if I had the disposable cash flow I would be putting together little lee single stage kits for a few people purely as pro-gun culture activism.

I have 2 singles set up right now and a progressive loaned out to a friend...I'm going to let him buy the progressive as I don't load that much bulk ammo and replace one of my singles for a Lyman turret press

Having my main press all ready and adjusted, then need to re-size a cartridge, or un-prime a case, then I have the second press on the other end of the bench for that. I also use a separate die for sizing and that's when the second press really earns it's keep. I don't use it a lot, but when I do I'm glad it is there. Had the same dilemma when I bought my new press, the old one wasn't worth much more than the shipping cost to sell it. I suppose new in the box would be worth more.

Good idea. Most SS reloaders eventually wind up with two presses at some point. Like Chris said it's nice to have a main press and the other as a 'utility' to do other things. My former main press (RockChucker) is now my utility press and my main is a Forster CO-AX which is, IMHO, the best SS press made. Kind of quirky but once you get used to it, it is incredibly fast - and I mean like 50% faster than the RockChucker.

What a problem.

If it were me w/ 2 NIB single station presses...........

I'd sell one to get my money back. Then, spend money on components.

Huh?

OK, you got a SS (single station) press that will probably last a life time. What'll be next..........

Most reloaders will be trying for VOLUME and that usually means a PROGRESSIVE MACHINE. But, I'm getting ahead of myself. So, for now...........LEARN on your SS and be happy.

It's just my .02

BTW.....I own a single station and 4 progressive machines.

Aloha, Mark

What did ya pay if can ask?

I had a press order with Grafs also in Dec... I got the last piggyback they had, I was chared and then credited I called and they said they running behind but gave a ship date and bang it was here..... Its up and running and KICKING BRASS!!!!

I did send an item back and still waiting on the credit!!!!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top